Subdomain Superhero

Howdy, folks—I’m looking for a subdomain superhero, since I’ve read the same help articles about 10 times each, and all I’ve managed to do is confuse myself. 

Here’s what I’m flailing about trying to figure out:

Is it possible to point a secondary Squarespace domain to a subdomain of my main Squarespace site—while keeping the secondary domain URL displayed?

Basically, I have one totally different content section on my Squarespace site that I would like to be accessed from a wholly different URL. So, if my primary site/domain is, say www.CoolExampleSite.com, could I point my secondary Squarespace domain RadExampleSite.com to subdomain.CoolExampleSite.com, while preserving “RadExampleSite.com” in the browser’s URL bar?

I’m too dumb to figure it out, and I’d be grateful for any assistance. THANK YOU!

It is difficult to understand what you are trying to achieve because the terms you are using aren’t correct. To help us understand, can you please explain why you are trying to make changes to domains?

A single Squarespace website can have just one primary domain. You’ll only need a subdomain if you need to host parts of your online solution on different platforms. For example, hosting a website on Squarespace and hosting a separate forum on Invision or a separate landing page on Unbounce. Subdomains do not make sense for use with pages that are hosted on the same platform. For this reason, Squarespace doesn't provide a feature that allows you to use a subdomain for a page on the same website. Instead, you can link to the landing page by referencing the page slug, like mywebsite.com/landingpage.

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

Hey @paul2009! Appreciate your reply, and patience with me trying to put words to what I’m looking to do.

I have one project page of my site whose content is radically different than the rest of the site. I can’t justify purchasing an entirely separate Squarespace site just for this one project, so I was hoping there might be a way to use one of my extra Squarespace-managed domains to point to the project’s existing page, while having the extra domain’s URL displayed in the browser.

I appreciate the help!    

You can direct an unused Squarespace domain to a page on a Squarespace page by following the guide for forwarding to a non-Squarespace site. In step 4, ensure you use the full URL for the page including the slug.

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

27 minutes ago, midnightumbrella said:

Is there a way to maintain the URL of the domain I'm forwarding?

No. This is called 'masked' or 'cloaked' forwarding and is associated with malicious activity like 'clickjacking' so I don't believe Squarespace support this.