Tagging customers on sign up to Email Campaign

Go to solution Solved by paul2009,

Site URL: https://www.storybookcakes.com.au/

I'm looking for a way to tag customers who sign up to our email list with different tags depending on what option they choose in the sign up form.

Eg Customer will be asked to choose from three options in the sign up form (eg Customer / Member / Expert) and then those tags to automatically apply so that later I can just email one of those groups.

I know I could acheive a similar thing by having three separate sign up forms going to three separate lists, but it would be nice if I could do it all at once and have them on the one list with different tags. 

Also, when trying to edit tags in Profiles, I can only see the option to do it one customer at a time, rather than selecting from a list to add a tag to several people at once. 

Are there workarounds for this? Or do I need to switch to Mailchimp?

Thanks,

Michelle

• 2 months later...

I'm also looking to do this. It's a big factor in determining whether to import my contacts from our CRM to SquareSpace for email campaigns. If we cannot mass-tag lists on import it's extremely tedious to onboard. SquareSpace tech team, any thoughts here? 

• Solution
12 hours ago, KE23 said:

I'm also looking to do this.

I have provided an answer in your other thread here:

Did this help? Please give feedback by clicking an icon below  ⬇️

Edited by paul2009

Me: I'm Paul, a SQSP user for >18 yrs & Circle Leader since 2017. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: Founder of SF.DIGITAL. We provide high quality original extensions to supercharge your Squarespace website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to my own SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is completely free. You can thank me by selecting a feedback emoji. Buying a coffee is generous but optional.

• 9 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

This is becoming a big issue for me as well. Need to send different email campaigns based on whether someone is a business or individual and there doesn't seem any way to have them fill that out on the sign up form and be automatically tagged.

Any ideas for a workaround or what you guys have been doing in the meantime to segment your audience and send different emails?

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/2/2024 at 4:19 AM, OfOliver said:

Same! Even if there was a manual work around I'd be ok with that, but it doesn't seem there is right now.

im currently going manually through my 3600+ people and adding manual tags. These tags then allow you to segment via said tag in emails. 

Looooong, manual. But a work around. 

An exclude feature would be very welcome too. So i dont send sales emails to people who already own said products for example. but its a start.