Missing Header & Footer

Site URL: https://www.rethinkhomes.com/

I have not done any edits or changes on this site for several months. But yesterday I went on to check why a client had not been able to find our social media icons. I discovered that our header and footer were missing.

At first I thought it might be a custom CSS or code injection of some kind that stopped working. But after checking all places where I could have injected code, they were all empty. 

The only way I was able to even take screen shots of the header menu bar was by adding "safe" to the end of my SS site editing page URL https://rhombus-mandolin-jdrl.squarespace.com/config/safe and disable scripts.

Can anyone help me figure out what has gone wrong.

Header.png

Footer.png

Edited by JonathanPenner

@JonathanPenner it's definitely added code. It might be in Design > Custom CSS or Settings > Advanced > Code Injection. Did you already check both those?

@JonathanPenner I’ve never seen code disappear and still apply to the site. Is there a chance it could have been added in page code injection in individual page settings? Or perhaps it’s in a markdown or code block in the footer you could remove in safe mode. 

I did check the individual pages. I didn't actually check code within sections because I didn't think I would have ever put any there for the headers and footers because I don't think it would affect them.

I know, I have never seen code disappear either. Also I did create a new page and the header/footer content was still not visible even on a new page. So whatever has happened, I am thinking it must be site wide, not page specific. 

Is there any other way to check if any code has been added that I could remove.

It looks like a code block in your footer. Here's a snippet of what I'm seeing when I look at your full site code:

</div></div><div class="sqs-block code-block sqs-block-code" data-block-type="23" id="block-yui_3_17_2_1_1662485846517_5073"><div class="sqs-block-content"><style>
  .header, #footer-sections{
    display:none !important;
  }
</style></div></div></div></div></div>
    </div>
  </div>

</section>

</footer>

Try viewing the site in safe mode and then looking for the code block in your footer and delete it.

Edited by christyprice