Turning Off Online Ordering During Closed Business Hours

Site URL: https://falcon-fiddle-24bg.squarespace.com

Hello I'm the owner of a restaurant and I created an online shop for people to be able order my food for pick up only. Is there a way for me to turn off online ordering when my shop is closed? I don't want to run into any issues of people ordering food while there is no one at the store. Below is the url and password to the private site

https://falcon-fiddle-24bg.squarespace.com

PW: 1234

Thanks in advance

SS isn't set up to handle this particular scenario well.

I'm assuming that you'd prefer that a potential solution would work automatically as opposed to having to manually set some settings each time you open and close?

Are all customers in your time zone?

There have been severals threads on potential ways to handle this issue. Although I don't recall one specifically about regular opening closing hours. This one might give you some ideas.

Find my contributions useful? Please like, upvote, mark my answer as the best ( solution ), and see my profile. Thanks for your support! I am a Squarespace ( and other technological things ) consultant open for new projects.

On 6/17/2022 at 10:12 PM, r2dough said:

Is there a way for me to turn off online ordering when my shop is closed? I don't want to run into any issues of people ordering food while there is no one at the store.

As creedon already mentioned, Squarespace websites weren't built to work this way.

The only way to guarantee that customers won't be able to place an order is to set your stock levels to zero each time. This is certainly not convenient but there is no other way to prevent someone adding items to the cart during business hours and then ordering them outside those hours.

If it helps, Squarespace owns Tock, a company that builds web solutions for the hospitality industry. Their platform forces customers to select a date and time for pickup, which you can limit to your opening hours and capacity.

16.jpg

About me: I'm Paul, a SQSP user for over 18 yrs and a Circle Leader since 2017. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: Founder of SF.DIGITAL, providing high quality original extensions to supercharge your Squarespace website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to my own SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is completely free. You can thank me by selecting a feedback emoji below. Buying a coffee is optional.

Book paid help with domains: Connect a GoDaddy domain. Connect a Squarespace Domain. Domain assistance

2 hours ago, paul2009 said:

The only way to guarantee that customers won't be able to place an order is to set your stock levels to zero each time.

This is an important point. Although you can do things client-side, all such client-side solutions have the potential for people to slip through and still place an order. Client-side here means adding JavaScript code to your site which runs in the visitors browser to accomplish some end effect.

You can think of client-side code as a way to reduce the possibility of someone making an unwanted order but there are no guarantees that it won't happen. As a business owner you have to decide if you need guarantees or you can live with slop in the system and the consequences of that slop.

Find my contributions useful? Please like, upvote, mark my answer as the best ( solution ), and see my profile. Thanks for your support! I am a Squarespace ( and other technological things ) consultant open for new projects.