Blog Excerpt and Featured Image (Forte template)

I am updating a photography website and am having trouble with the blog (Forte template). 

Is it possible to get the Feature Image + Excerpt to show up before the 'read more' link to the rest of the individual blog post? I can get only the Excerpt text to show up and the link to the rest but cannot get the Feature Image to also show up. 

• Replies 4
  • Views 414
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Forte, a 7.0 template has one blog display and that is list. It does not show the images in a list like other 7.0 templates. There is a way to do that. Use a summary block page pulling content from your blog. Put the blog in the unlinked section of your site and create the summary block page in the linked section. You have lots of control over how the blog excerpts including images witll look. You can have 30 items per block and chain blocks on a page. You can set a block for featured posts only, which is a great feature. You can swap the page names both for the Nav bar and URLs if folks go straight to your blog page bypassing the home page. 

I use this option on my site. Avenue only lists blog posts with an image, but I can't make a wall or grid. With summary blocks I have all kinds of display options. You can see them here. 

https://myrandomviews.com/storyarchive is the summary block page (and I have a lot of those)

https://myrandomviews.com/stories goes straight to the blog page. 

Forte's summay block options and setup is the same for Avenue so if you need any help don't hesitate to ask me. I have a Forte sanbox template that I can experiment with. By the way, I coded the visual design of the blocks on my site only, how they operate is built in for your template and mine.  

Edited by derricksrandomviews