iframe Content Not Refreshing

Site URL: https://almamodern.com/test-lesson

Hi,

I'd like to embed an iframe that contains a mini course on my site with built in quizzes. I can get the mini course to show; however, once the first visitor completes the quiz, the iframe will not refresh--every new visitor sees the questions already complete. I've tried multiple devices and private browsing, but nothing works. Neither Squarespace or the software developer can help.

I appreciate your time!

Site password test123

iframe code supplied by developer (I also tried online iframe generators and they don't work either)

<iframe src="https://app.7taps.com/wJPdf8lytw" title="7taps course" width="100%" height="680px" style="border-radius: 20px; border: 0; display: block; margin: 0 auto;"></iframe>

Edited by EdwardC3
18 hours ago, EdwardC3 said:

I can get the mini course to show; however, once the first visitor completes the quiz, the iframe will not refresh--every new visitor sees the questions already complete.

This isn't related to Squarespace and I think you'll find it's working slightly differently than you think 🙂Every new visitor shouldn't see another visitor's answers but if you are testing this on the same browser, this will appear to happen because cookies will be saved. 

Here's a test. 

If you try accessing the quiz from a new incognito/private window you'll see that the answers are blank. If you take the same quiz again from the same window you will see your previous answers. This is correct and is because the session data has been saved in a cookie that was dropped by 7taps.com. Other users won't have your cookie and so shouldn't see your answers.

You can test this by closing all incognito/private windows and then open a new one to visit the quiz. You should find that the answers are blank again, because closing the windows deleted the cookie. All new visitors should see the blank answers.

Was this post helpful? Please give feedback by clicking an icon below  ⬇️

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

Thanks for the insight, @paul2009 Unfortunately, I've tried multiple browsers, deleted all cookies, and even used friends devices, but the quiz still shows as complete. Also, the data is never updated in 7taps. All I see is that 1 user ever access the course (even though I've tried from at least 10 different devices). Were you able to see the quiz question with blank answers?

It's like 7taps is counting my site as "one user" and saving the history. Is there anything I can add to the iframe code or my site settings that will force the iframe window to refresh each time the page is accessed? The company has never had this issue happen before. 

I appreciate your help--this has been a very frustrating issue. 

49 minutes ago, EdwardC3 said:

Unfortunately, I've tried multiple browsers, deleted all cookies, and even used friends devices, but the quiz still shows as complete.

Here's a video in case I misunderstand: http://recordit.co/iJiVuiwKWy

0:00 Take quiz
0:09 Take quiz again (without deleting cookie) - previous answer is shown
0:15  Cookie deleted
0:18  Take quiz again - previous answer is not visible.

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

@paul2009 Thanks for sharing a video. I'm completely baffled as to how it's working for you! Is that recording taken while you're directly on my site or did you open the course in a separate window? 

If the course is accessed in a separate window, it does reset, but if I access the deck from my site (even if I use someone else's device or incognito mode), the answers show as complete.