View is too zoomed in when booking an appointment on mobile device.

When booking an appointment on my site from a mobile device, from my appointment calendar, after a client selects an appointment, the scheduler moves from "Choose Appointment" to "Your Information" and zooms in to a very small area to where usually no words are visible. This is confusing them. If they do figure out to zoom out, anytime they click in a field to enter their information, it zooms back into a really small area. The other site pages are not having this issue. The PC version is not having this issue. When I preview the mobile view, I do not see this issue.

Three different people have tried it and ran into the same problem. All three were android users.

Let me know if you need more information. First time posting a question so not sure how much detail to provide.

Mobile View is Zoomed In - 03-18-22.jpg

14 hours ago, Jalauna said:

When booking an appointment on my [Squarespace Scheduling] site from a mobile device...the scheduler moves from "Choose Appointment" to "Your Information" and zooms in to a very small area to where usually no words are visible.

You'll usually see this issue on Safari on iOS because it has a feature called "auto zoom".

If the font-size of a form field is 15px or less, Safari on iOS will zoom into that field because it considers the text too small and wants you to see what you are doing. This zooming feature is there to help users but but it can be disconcerting and make other areas of the form difficult to see.

This issue affects all forms on all websites but on many platforms (including Squarespace Form Blocks) this can normally be solved by making the text larger (16px!) with some CSS.

Unfortunately, you can only do this on Squarespace Scheduling if you are on the most expensive Powerhouse Plan because cheaper plans don't support custom code. I've raised this issue with the Scheduling team in the past, but they aren't planning to change it any time soon.

If you are concerned about the 'zooming' then I recommend you raise this with Squarespace Customer Care, although they are unlikely to consider it a "bug" and will likely add it to a long list of feature requests.

Did this help? Please give feedback by clicking an icon below  ⬇️

Edited by paul2009
edited for clarity

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

2 hours ago, paul2009 said:

You'll usually see this issue on Safari on iOS because it has a feature called "auto zoom".

If the font-size of a form field is 15px or less, Safari on iOS will zoom into that field because it considers the text too small and wants you to see what you are doing. This zooming feature is there to help users but but it can be disconcerting and make other areas of the form difficult to see.

This issue can normally be solved by making the text larger (16px!) but you can only do this on Squarespace Scheduling if you are on the most expensive Powerhouse Plan because other plans don't support custom code. I recommend you raise this with Squarespace Customer Care, although they are unlikely to do anything about this any time soon; they'll simply add it to their list of feature requests.

Did this help? Please give feedback by clicking an icon below  ⬇️

I am hesitant to upgrade  for two reasons:

1. It would be good to confirm what is causing the problem and know that upgrading will solve this.

2. If this is due to "auto zoom" and it is a known issue will all plans that are not Powerhouse Plan level, there should be a clear disclaimer saying Acuity scheduling is not mobile friendly. But, maybe the disclaimer is there and I missed it. In that case, lesson learned. The whole reason I went with Squarespace was to get an integrated platform where I could book appointments with customers on the spot at trade shows and markets when everyone is on their mobile.

I have reached out to Customer Care. Hopefully they have a solution or can confirm that moving to a higher plan will solve this. In the mean time, I plan to look into alternate scheduling tools that are mobile friendly. Thanks for the info!

• 1 month later...

Jalauna did you ever get this problem solved?

My customers are also having trouble booking because of this zooming in and freezing. It's happening on my mobile as well. I have used multiple browsers and made sure to turn off auto-zoom. But no luck. I upgraded to the most expensive option, changed font size via css and still it's a problem on my phone. This is causing a big issue because most of our customers book via mobile. I wonder how much money we're losing on bookings...

• 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...