Storefront Page Help - how can I prevent all products from showing?

My site is not live yet which is why I didn't provide the URL but hopefully the attached photos will suffice. 

How can I prevent all products from showing on the storefront page? I currently have 60+ items, all shown on the storefront page with no way to remove or edit them. It's as if the products are blocked in with the header, if that makes sense. See example 1. 

I would like only to display the categories along with a sample image and allow the user to click into the categories to begin shopping as seen in example #2.

Any help is very much appreciated. 🙏🏼  

Screen Shot 2022-02-23 at 3.01.23 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-02-23 at 3.02.05 PM.png

• Replies 2
  • Views 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

As you create each product, you can hide or show it. So it is in the settings of each product. I haven’t done it in a bit so, I can’t offer specific step by step instructions. On the Squarespace app, I can go to the shop and tap the item. Then it has a toggle for ‘status’ (hidden/visible)

On 2/23/2022 at 8:14 PM, MGroom said:

I would like only to display the categories along with a sample image and allow the user to click into the categories to begin shopping as seen in example #2.

You can create these category tiles manually in a number of ways. On Squarespace 7.1 one of the easiest ways to do this is using one of the "List" options when you create a new section. You can link each of the tiles directly to a category.

185279292_Screenshot2022-02-25at11_58_14.thumb.png.f709ccbeba8245e62b63c02e01883758.png

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.