Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Advanced Search

Concerned Squarespace doesn't comply with GDPR

So I've recently subscribed to Squarespace and have set up my website. However, it seems the cookies banner doesn't comply with GDPR, and even if I use the disable cookies option, this only includes 'non essential' cookies - so that doesn't comply with GDPR either.

Is there a workaround, or are Squarespace websites unsuitable for EU/UK websites as it can't comply with GDPR rules? 

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Same question here. Seems like there is no option for checkbox to enable/diable "essential", "marketing"-cookies etc.

Does anyone know what the best workaround is?

When will squarespace fix this? Seems like I have to switch to wix for the next project.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi !

I have exactly the same issue. I knew pretty fast, that the cookie banner from squarespace wasnt sufficent for the EU Market. So i have a third part cookie blocker that was included in a package from it-rechtskanzlei münchen.  But that is even not enough, to use 3rd party cookie blocker. 

Today i had a video zoom meeting with the support and we found out, that squarespace doesnt allow, to implement the code as highest code injection. 

So thats really an issue. As they would need to create a plugin that squarespace would allow to integrate as first and highest code order. 

that is what my screenshot looks like.

for example typekit net and all other vendors should be in first code lines, before everything. 

So im still on it, and asked also the attorney company how to behave now, as squarespace is internationally offering their templates. Noone assumes not to use it, because you are in the EU.

729579014_Bildschirmfoto2022-09-19um12_31_17.thumb.png.9f117977dc92eb2e2a6384793848abdb.png