Bounce Rate Feedback & Assistance

Are the unusual bounce rates being reported in Squarespace Analytics or Google Analytics? Can you narrow it down to specific pages or specific traffic sources?

Sometimes sites will get hit by some unusual spam traffic source that results in a spike of website sessions with 0 time on site and 100% bounce rate. If that's what's happening there's not much to do besides build a filter or segment in Google Analytics to clean that data out of your reporting.

Happy to take a look at your analytics with you if you need a consult.

- Ed

--

Blue Hills Digital
Support with website optimization, SEO and finding a digital marketing strategy that works.

Latest resource: Squarespace SEO Services

8 hours ago, edharris said:

Are the unusual bounce rates being reported in Squarespace Analytics or Google Analytics? Can you narrow it down to specific pages or specific traffic sources?

Sometimes sites will get hit by some unusual spam traffic source that results in a spike of website sessions with 0 time on site and 100% bounce rate. If that's what's happening there's not much to do besides build a filter or segment in Google Analytics to clean that data out of your reporting.

Happy to take a look at your analytics with you if you need a consult.

- Ed

--

Blue Hills Digital
Support with website optimization, SEO and finding a digital marketing strategy that works.

Latest resource: Squarespace SEO Services

Hey Ed, 

Thanks for responding. The data is being pulled from my google analytics and then shown on a data studio report. I was getting %'s in the 5 and 6's but I found this link https://www.propellernet.co.uk/bounce-rate-low-fix/  & it after removing what I thought to be my only tag it has increased the bounce rate to a normal number of around 30% or so. So... I think I am good now. Let me know if you think I am not, if so, I hope this link can help others too!