Issues with Squarespace not collecting correct Tax rates

On 7/1/2023 at 12:08 PM, zww said:

Is this seriously still an issue? I live in Missouri and the sales tax shows up when you use a missouri zip code. But, if you put in a zip code out of state, it doesn't charge any sales tax???? Like what? I have the business advanced plan so I have tax jar on my account, I'm not sure why it's not working. Very frustrating. 

Are you registered to remit sales in the states you are selling to? Even with the TaxJar they won't collect tax you aren't registered to collect.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Is anyone on the thread from an origin based state? 

When it comes to sales tax collection - there are 12 origin-based states where sales tax is determined solely by your business nexus, and that sales tax rate should be applied 1o ALL orders, even Internet orders shipping out-of-state. I've reached out to TaxJar regarding this issue, but have received zero response. If you have a business in one of the 12 origin based states listed, please let me know how to properly set up to collect the same tax regardless of what location the order is shipping to. Thanks!

1. Arizona
  2. California (considered a "mixed sourcing state" as city, county and state sales taxes are origin-based, while district sales taxes - supplementary local taxes - are destination-based)
  3. Illinois
  4. Mississippi
  5. Missouri
  6. New Mexico
  7. Ohio
  8. Pennsylvania
  9. Tennessee
  10. Texas
  11. Utah
  12. Virginia