Jump to content

Changing fonts and colors for only Blog text body entries

Recommended Posts

Site URL: https://bagpipe-swordfish-5feg.squarespace.com/blog

I would like to change the color and the font on each blog entry. Do I have to manually change the color and font for each entry or is there code that would change the blog color and font overall without changing the Paragraph 2 font and color across the whole site? I see under site design the option for title and pagination but not an option just for blog text body. Thanks.

https://bagpipe-swordfish-5feg.squarespace.com/

password: home

 

Link to comment
  • Replies 5
  • Views 541
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 12/28/2021 at 7:22 AM, tuanphan said:

You mean change blog title, blog content, blog pagination or? Change Color, Font Name or?? and for Blog List Page or blog individual posts?

https://bagpipe-swordfish-5feg.squarespace.com/blog?noredirect

Sorry I wasn't more clear. Currently the blog content text color is white but I would like to have the blog content automatically switch to black for previous entries and any new individual posts if possible. I have one entry manually changed over to black but the rest are white. 

I would also like to change the font for blog content on individual posts.

 

Thank you

Link to comment
On 12/30/2021 at 10:44 AM, katierelease said:

Sorry I wasn't more clear. Currently the blog content text color is white but I would like to have the blog content automatically switch to black for previous entries and any new individual posts if possible. I have one entry manually changed over to black but the rest are white. 

I would also like to change the font for blog content on individual posts.

 

Thank you

#1. It looks like you changed to black?

image.thumb.png.ff36c7997ee0d011eb3d0fc5f28e5db9.png

With blog title, pagination, add this to Design > Custom CSS

/* blog title */
div.blog-item-title h1 {
    color: black !important;
}
/* blog pagination */
.item-pagination[data-collection-type^="blog"] .item-pagination-title {
    color: black !important;
}
/* blog content font */
.blog-item-content.e-content * {
    font-family: 'orpheus-pro' !important;
}

 

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours. 
Or send to forum message

Contact Customer Care - Learn CSS - Buy me a coffee (thank you!)

Link to comment
On 12/31/2021 at 9:58 PM, tuanphan said:

#1. It looks like you changed to black?

image.thumb.png.ff36c7997ee0d011eb3d0fc5f28e5db9.png

With blog title, pagination, add this to Design > Custom CSS

/* blog title */
div.blog-item-title h1 {
    color: black !important;
}
/* blog pagination */
.item-pagination[data-collection-type^="blog"] .item-pagination-title {
    color: black !important;
}
/* blog content font */
.blog-item-content.e-content * {
    font-family: 'orpheus-pro' !important;
}

 

Thanks Tuan. If I wanted just the paragraph 2 text in the body to turn to black automatically just on the blog (so I don't have manually fix everytime like I have previously) would it look something like below?

 

/* blog body */
div.blog-item-title p2 {
    color: black !important;
Link to comment
  • 2 weeks later...
On 1/3/2022 at 5:47 AM, katierelease said:

Thanks Tuan. If I wanted just the paragraph 2 text in the body to turn to black automatically just on the blog (so I don't have manually fix everytime like I have previously) would it look something like below?

 

/* blog body */
div.blog-item-title p2 {
    color: black !important;

p2, use this code

/* blog p2 */
.blog-item-content.e-content p:not(.sqsrte-large):not(.sqsrte-small) {
   color: black !important;
}

 

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours. 
Or send to forum message

Contact Customer Care - Learn CSS - Buy me a coffee (thank you!)

Link to comment

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

×
×
  • Create New...

Squarespace Webinars

Free online sessions where you’ll learn the basics and refine your Squarespace skills.

Hire a Designer

Stand out online with the help of an experienced designer or developer.