Shopping cart & Checkout page custom font style & size

Go to solution Solved by paul2009,

Site URL: http://essentialsbymhd.com

Hi,

Is there a way to add a custom font style & size to my shopping cart page (Title, product name, etc.) as well as my checkout page (Store logo size, custom font & sizes for the whole page) I tried to add a css found online but none of them works. I was able to custom my font style and size for almost everything on my website except these two pages. Please help me figure that out!

Thank you,

Natalie 

Checkout Page.PNG

Shopping Cart.PNG

You won't be able to change the checkout. All Squarespace checkouts must use Squarespace's own font - Clarkson. 

You can change the Cart page, but as Squarespace changed many of the classes on this page last week, most of the solutions you find online will be out of date. 

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

• Solution

All you need to do is add an item to your cart, then you can right-click the cart page and choose View Source to view all the classes that are being used on the page. By looking through these you can identify the elements you want to change. For example, here's a snippet of what you'll see...

<h2 class="i7PYLD8MO cart-title">SHOPPING CART</h2>

<div class="tdHSD5wnk cart-item-list-labels">

<div class="tF9EGG_rQ item-desc">

<span class="variant-name">Color</span>

<div class="RgUdJr28R item-quantity">

So you should be able to change the cart title font, by adding the class name (cart-title) prefixed with a "." something like this:

.cart-title {
  font-family: proxima-nova !important;
}

where proxima nova is the font name. Note that you'll need to save your changes and then refresh the page each time to see your CSS working.

You can do this for more than one element by separating the names with commas like this to affect the cart title and the list labels:

.cart-title, .cart-item-list-labels {
  font-family: proxima-nova !important;
}

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

7 hours ago, Essentialsbymhd said:

Can you also teach me how to change the font size?

Add something like this before the final curly brace:

font-size: 1.3em;

Hi,

I don't know why but everything worked except my item title & checkout Button. Bellow is my css code, let me know what went wrong

.cart-title, .cart-item-list-labels, .item-desc, .variant-name, .item-quantity, .item-price, .vP_HqHxwY, .TPEfWzjos, .sqs-editable-button KD_Juh_j6 checkout-button, {
  font-size: 1em !important;
}

Capture.PNG

You had some syntax errors and incorrect selectors.

Try the following.

// alter cart, uses LESS syntax

#cart {

.cart-item-list-labels,
  .cart-title,
  .item-desc a,
  .item-price,
  .item-quantity,
  .checkout-button,
  .variant-name,
  .vP_HqHxwY

{

font-size : 1em;

}

}

I'm using a little bit of LESS syntax to save on typing of #cart over and over again. Adding #cart makes sure that other parts of your site aren't unexpectedly altered.

After LESS processes the input it looks like the following.

#cart .cart-item-list-labels,
#cart .cart-title,
#cart .item-desc a,
#cart .item-price,
#cart .item-quantity,
#cart .checkout-button,
#cart .variant-name,
#cart .vP_HqHxwY {
  font-size: 1em;
}

Let us know how it goes.

Edited by creedon
version 2

Find my contributions useful? Please like, upvote, mark my answer as the best ( solution ), and see my profile. Thanks for your support! I am a Squarespace ( and other technological things ) consultant open for new projects.

I tried to change the font for the pricing shown in my product list but it doesn't seem to work.

You can target the titles and prices with the following selectors.

.collection-type-products .grid-title

.collection-type-products .grid-prices

Find my contributions useful? Please like, upvote, mark my answer as the best ( solution ), and see my profile. Thanks for your support! I am a Squarespace ( and other technological things ) consultant open for new projects.

• 1 year later...

Hello everyone, I have been trying to change the font and design of my shopping cart and checkout page but it doesn't work. I found this thread and try to follow your instructions but when I right click "view source" doesn't come up? Would appreciate some help!

15 hours ago, JiaDeLara said:

I have been trying to change the font and design of my checkout page but it doesn't work.

The checkout page can not be changed. It is an SS security feature.

when I right click "view source" doesn't come up?

I don't have an answer for this one.