How do you like to use Not linked pages on your website?

Hi, 

Not sure if this question follows under this topic but, I am currently working with a client, and he wants me to create new pages on his website.
For example, in the attached image, there is my main menu, and he wants that when he clicks on the services button, it will take him directly to the service page, but that it does not appear a second time in the dropdown menu, as you can see in the photo. How can I do it?
I don't know if I make myself understand very well.

Thank you for the help,

Jessica

Screenshot 2023-08-09 at 20.37.17.png

40 minutes ago, JessieG said:

when he clicks on the services button, it will take him directly to the service page

Not sure if this covers your need. Please see the following.

Find my contributions useful? Please like, upvote, mark my answer as the best ( solution ), and see my profile. Thanks for your support! I am a Squarespace ( and other technological things ) consultant open for new projects.

• 4 weeks later...
15 hours ago, robacollective said:

However I am wondering why my URLs appear differently for my unlinked pages to those of my linked pages?

I suspect you are confusing the fact that each SS site can have more than one URL.

Built-in domains - this domain is where you edit your site.

Custom domains - these domains are ones you purchase or connect to your site. These you will share with the outside world.

If, when you create links for your site, you point to your internal domain, then those links will be seen by the outside world with the squarespace domain.

Whenever possible try to use slug style URLs like /terms-and-conditions and not full URLs like https://rose-barr.squarespace.com/terms-and-conditions.

Let us know how it goes.

Find my contributions useful? Please like, upvote, mark my answer as the best ( solution ), and see my profile. Thanks for your support! I am a Squarespace ( and other technological things ) consultant open for new projects.

Here are some thoughts on using not linked pages effectively:

- Not linked pages can be a great way to host content you want to be findable but not prominently featured like you mentioned - things like price lists, forms, etc. They're accessible, but don't clutter up your main navigation.

- It's important to optimize and link to these pages internally so they are findable. For example, linking to a pricelist from a services page or an intake form from a contact page. 

- Not linked pages can also be used for staging pages during a redesign or splitting testing content variations.

- Be thoughtful about your site architecture - too many unlinked pages can confuse navigation. Group-related content when possible.

- Track analytics on not-linked pages to see if people are finding them organically or through your internal links. This can help inform whether they are working well or need better integration.

- Make sure important not-linked pages are still mobile-friendly and accessible. Just because they aren't linked in the main nav doesn't mean they aren't important pages.

Those are some high-level thoughts! I am happy to provide other tips on effectively using unlinked pages based on your specific goals or site structure. Let me know if you have any other questions!

• 3 months later...

Guys,

sorry for the noob question - i need to create a "not linked" page having a QR code for a vcard. Reading all this how useful "not linked" pages i am lacking the undertanding on how to create them.

Is there any step-by-step explanation?

TIA

Christian

8 hours ago, ch90045 said:

Reading all this how useful "not linked" pages i am lacking the undertanding on how to create them.

Click on the plus icon next to the Not Linked or Hidden in Pages.

ScreenShot2023-12-14at1_25_33PM.png.198ef65fb038f869f1c9da652d2e6397.png

Squarespace changed Not Linked to Hidden on some sites a while back.

Let us know how it goes.

• 3 months later...

I've used not-linked pages to aim for specific Google keywords / search contexts to get people into the website. Usually, but not always, the page is also linked from the main content so is findable from there.

This has worked really well for me - one of these pages is now the prime way I get traffic from Google (it's not even that great a page, but people get into the rest of the site from there and stay). 

Question - if I have a not-linked page that also has no links from the main content, does that kill its Google rankings? I have one page like this and it has been a real dud - but it was a bit of a punt anyway so it could just be that it was a bad idea in the first place. 

Edited by JennyComms
7 hours ago, JennyComms said:

if I have a not-linked page that also has no links from the main content, does that kill its Google rankings?

I'm not an SEO expert but in general pages that have more links to them should get a better rank. Of course that is one factor among a bunch of others.

• Jo_SQSP unpinned this topic