Adding text to a specific form

Go to solution Solved by paul2009,

Site URL: https://www.wwgc.co.nz/try-it-or-join-us

Is there anyone that can assist with adding some text to a specific form. I have added a T field to the form but it also creates a field that people need to fill in which I don't want (see attachment). There are multiple forms on the website but the text only applies to this specific form. Link: https://www.wwgc.co.nz/try-it-or-join-us button Purchase Voucher. Help is much appreciated, thanks!

Screen-Shot-2021-11-07-at-9.03.43-PM.jpg

• Solution
57 minutes ago, BluddyBrilliant said:

Is there anyone that can assist with adding some text to a specific form. I have added a T field to the form but it also creates a field

To add descriptive text, use the ‘Underline’ option. You can toggle the horizontal line off if required, to only show your text.

The Text field allows users to provide you with text. It is not for showing them text. 

Me: I'm Paul, a SQSP user for >18 yrs & Circle Leader since 2017. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: Founder of SF.DIGITAL. We provide high quality original extensions to supercharge your Squarespace website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to my own SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is completely free. You can thank me by selecting a feedback emoji. Buying a coffee is generous but optional.

Would you like your customers to be able to mark their favourite products in your Squarespace store?

• 1 year later...
4 hours ago, VisualRealia said:

I have to admit, the "underline option" went over my head. Can anyone describe what or where that is accomplished in a forms block?

It's now called 'Line' and you'll find it when adding a field to your form:

image.thumb.png.6c03aba10caa4439476c3ea4a43fd2fe.png

Did this help? Please give feedback by clicking an icon below  ⬇️

Me: I'm Paul, a SQSP user for >18 yrs & Circle Leader since 2017. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: Founder of SF.DIGITAL. We provide high quality original extensions to supercharge your Squarespace website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to my own SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is completely free. You can thank me by selecting a feedback emoji. Buying a coffee is generous but optional.

Would you like your customers to be able to mark their favourite products in your Squarespace store?

• 2 months later...
6 hours ago, JAKB said:

Can text from the Line Field be incorporated in the submission email?

No, this text will not be included. 

• 9 months later...
On 8/24/2023 at 2:05 AM, paul2009 said:

No, this text will not be included. 

Is there a way to do that, though?

I have really long forms (60+ questions) so when submissions come over in the email, it is borderline unreadable. You can't tell what information goes with what. The reader could really benefit from the context. Maybe there is an option to include or not include in the submission in the Line Fields settings?

2 minutes ago, ReneeBTJ said:

Is there a way to do that, though?

I don't understand your question. Can you share your form with us and explain the issue you are facing? 

35 minutes ago, paul2009 said:

I don't understand your question. Can you share your form with us and explain the issue you are facing? 

This (see attached). I want the Line text to come over in the form submission. I have forms with 60+ questions. When the email comes through its just a string of consciousness without any division for context. Makes the submission hard to read when the line text isn't included in the emails.

Screenshot 2024-05-26 at 10.40.28 AM.png

Posted (edited)
29 minutes ago, ReneeBTJ said:

I want the Line text to come over in the form submission

The Line field does not contain user data and so is not included in form submissions. There may be other workarounds, but it’s difficult to suggest ideas without seeing the form and the type of data being submitted.

Edited by paul2009