Received some orders while not knowing the Test mode doesn't turn off when a site is published

Hello, an urgent question here.

I have opened the site with a product on the store.

I did not know that I had to turn off the Test mode when the site is published!

Some orders already came in, and it says "TEST" on the confirmation emails I received.

Does this mean the orders are not through, or are they still processed, but just the confirmation emails say "TEST"?
The credit card number in the confirmation emails I received all end with 4242, but if I click on "View in Stripe", it does say "Succeeded".

What is the status of these orders and how do I fix if there is any problem?

I already turned off the "TEST" mode, so the confirmation emails do not say "TEST" anymore, but I need to know what to do for all the previous orders before turning off the mode.

• Replies 3
  • Views 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, I read "If customers place orders in test mode" on the below link

https://support.squarespace.com/hc/en-us/articles/205811368#toc-delete-or-hide-test-orders

I had already disabled the test mode, deleted the test orders, and skipped the stock as that's no problem, and contacted customers that their orders were on the test mode and I cancelled them.

But how can I be sure that their payment did not get through?

I want to make sure that they won't pay double, and also inform them that their credit card won't be billed but I have no information to prove that.

Could you please let me know how to make my customers relieved?

10 hours ago, Pomer said:

I did not know that I had to turn off the Test mode when the site is published! Some orders already came in, and it says "TEST" on the confirmation emails. The credit card number in the confirmation emails I received all end with 4242. What is the status of these orders?

These are not real orders; they are tests. You can delete them and reset your order serial number.

Genuine card information cannot be used in test mode, so would not have been possible for real payment methods to have been charged. By default test orders are placed using the test U.S. card 4242 4242 4242 4242 which is why 4242 appears in your records.

If this post has helped you, please click a 'Like' or 'Thanks' icon below  ⬇️

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.