Shipping API integration

Go to solution Solved by paul2009,

Site URL: http://handpaintedbackdrops.co.uk

Hi everyone, my first post here, I planning to upgrade my service to most advanced plan at Squarespace. 

The reason I want to have automatic shipping calculation with my shipping provider. 

Link to the shipping forwarder https://www.transglobalexpress.co.uk/integration/

Would you guys can advice if I can integrate this shipping to my website? What possible limitations and how hard is to do that?

Do I have to hire professional or that something I can copy and paste codes in to the relevant boxes? 

If I need hire professional - how much could that cost? 

Thank you in advance. 

• Solution
10 minutes ago, Slavomir said:

I want to have automatic shipping calculation with my shipping provider. Would you guys can advice if I can integrate this shipping to my website? What possible limitations and how hard is to do that?

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but you will not be able to do this. Squarespace only supports carrier-calculated shipping within the United States only, and only for a limited number of carriers - FedEx, UPS, and USPS. 

The best you'll be able to achieve is weight-dependent shipping, which lets you set shipping charges based on the total order weight. 

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

4 hours ago, paul2009 said:

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but you will not be able to do this. Squarespace only supports carrier-calculated shipping within the United States only, and only for a limited number of carriers - FedEx, UPS, and USPS. 

The best you'll be able to achieve is weight-dependent shipping, which lets you set shipping charges based on the total order weight. 

Thank you for your answer. 

I understand that possibility provided by Squarespace for the USA customers, 

But in their help about API I found this( please see image attached). 

Based on that information, I was believed it's possible to integrate third party shipping software to calculate shipping at real time. 

If that's not a case - I will be leaving Squarespace soon. As I don't see my self calculating manually shipping for the customers every time. 

Off core, I would be able to use a flat rate, but that have two problems because ship my products are costly from £40 in the UK and £ 90 into the USA - can become very expensive if multiple products are Bought at once for customers, and that putting customers off from buying at all. 

If a flat rate would be setted up for multiple products - it will be very costly for me. 

Anyway, thank you for your answers. 

B58C5C80-CC41-44EE-833F-C79613641C81.jpeg

5 minutes ago, Slavomir said:

Based on that information, I was believed it's possible to integrate third party shipping software to calculate shipping at real time. 

Unfortunately not.

The API allows you to retrieve order information AFTER the order has been placed, allowing shipping to be arranged (and labels printed) but this does not allow prices to be calculated for the customer. 

To calculate shipping in real time, the API would need to have access to the order information DURING the checkout process. This isn't currently possible.

I appreciate this isn't good news, but I hope this helps.

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

33 minutes ago, paul2009 said:

Unfortunately not.

The API allows you to retrieve order information AFTER the order has been placed, allowing shipping to be arranged (and labels printed) but this does not allow prices to be calculated for the customer. 

To calculate shipping in real time, the API would need to have access to the order information DURING the checkout process. This isn't currently possible.

I appreciate this isn't good news, but I hope this helps.

Thank you Paul.