Website Redesign.

Site URL: https://www.myrandomviews.com/

I have made an extensive redesign, now using two blog pages, one with the actual blog stories/posts the other is a summary of the first. I decided to put a summary block in a blog post  and use multiple posts instead  of stringing summary blocks on a single page. This was to fix some strange technical problems that popped up, thumbnail images would not load, items would not show up in programming mode, due to a high number of posts per block. I reduced that number per block by half. This fixed those issues (mostly). I also decided to group all my posts by subject, and made use of the archive drop down. What was to be a fix actually improved the look and navigation over the original design. 

Take a look and let me know what you think. Thanks. 

Derrick

my random views

Edited by derricksrandomviews
  • Replies 2
  • Views 521
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Good job, @derricksrandomviews !

I've seen you comment a lot around here, so I'll be glad to give you some feedback 😊

1. Since you have many photos, it's good that you mainly have black/white as colors.
  2. Have you thought about having a more unique logo? Looks more professional to have one. You can try googling "logo maker" or use Squarespace logo maker.
  3. The post are very wide and can be hard to read. I would reduce the width to increase readability.
  4. On the pictures page, the shadows takes away some of the energy from the photos. Best thing would be to remove the shadows, or reduce them.

- Rasmus Myhrberg, Founder of Spark Plugin

Spark Plugin – The Ultimate Design Toolkit for Squarespace

Spark_plugin thanks for the look and critique

I have a unique logo, a couple actually, one the camera moves across the text. that I made using Squarespaces logo maker. They don't agree with my active page underline code. if I use the logo the line shifts down to the bottom of the header. I may be able to fix that however. I reduced the images drop shadow a bit from 8px to 5px. I also got rid of the blog text justify code, and just went back to left justify for all my blog posts. I didn't like the way the text spaced itself. 

1606202360_MYRANDOMVIEWS-logo-black.thumb.png.173e5347faf8bfa3ab8b527854ab7c31.png

Edited by derricksrandomviews