How do you make this...?

On 8/7/2021 at 2:44 AM, DavidCliff said:

Took this screen shot from the Squarespace home page. Anyone know how to make it? Can't for the life of me find out how.

Screen Shot 2021-08-06 at 16.09.48.png

Can you share link to page where you see this? We can check easier

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours. 
Or send to forum message

Contact Customer Care - Learn CSS - Buy me a coffee (thank you!)

Thanks. That's not what I'm asking about... The video shows three different ways that you can customise the portfolio gallery. State 1 and 2 are possible:

1. Hover:Background

2. Grid:Simple

What is state 3?

I suspect, from scouring the forum, this is a design state that might have been disabled. There appears to be a few bugs contaminating this particular feature. 

2 hours ago, DavidCliff said:

Squarespace support have let me know that state 3 is not available

Thanks for posting.

Showing a Portfolio Layout that doesn't exist is confusing for potential clients so I also raised this with Squarespace.

Their response was very disappointing:

"This is an example of a modification that you may be able to achieve using custom code. I can see how this might seem misleading for sure! That said, the platform is for both brand new beginners and experienced coders alike. We add these options to give several ideas to our customers and to present an option, just like our templates present an option and an idea."

About me: I'm Paul. A SQSP User for 18 yrs, I joined Circle when it launched in 2016 and have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: Founder of SF.DIGITAL, providing expertise and extensions to supercharge your Squarespace website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to my own SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee fuels my work.

Book paid help with a Squarespace Domain