Capture members addresses in member area/customer account

Hi,

I need to capture member's physical mailing addresses when they join a client's members area. I understand I can't capture them on the members area form (where they submit their payment details) but I was wondering can I capture the details when the customers create a customer account instead?

Thanks

• Replies 6
  • Views 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, katherinecory said:

I need to capture member's physical mailing addresses when they join a client's members area.

This is one of the limitations of the current version of Member Areas. Member profile details are fixed on the sign-up form. 

You'll find the list of limitations that I shared with Squarespace here: Squarespace Member Areas - is it good enough?

Edited by paul2009

About me: I'm Paul. A SQSP User for 18 yrs, I joined Circle when it launched in 2016 and have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: Founder of SF.DIGITAL, providing expertise and extensions to supercharge your Squarespace website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to my own SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee fuels my work.

Book paid help with a Squarespace Domain

47 minutes ago, katherinecory said:

I realise that but I was wondering if I could capture the physical address on the customer account sign up form instead?

I'm not sure I understand your question. Perhaps you can provide a working link to the site, or some screenshots to help me understand?

The Member Area sign-up form is fixed like this:

member-area-sign-up-form.thumb.png.ef61fc137abcc4722e15c3105796f021.png

Once they have an account, members can provide an address in their account panel like this:

add-address-to-member-area-account-sf.digital.gif.7f56e4477e16368f34aa9bcc3007e171.gif

About me: I'm Paul. A SQSP User for 18 yrs, I joined Circle when it launched in 2016 and have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: Founder of SF.DIGITAL, providing expertise and extensions to supercharge your Squarespace website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to my own SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee fuels my work.

Book paid help with a Squarespace Domain

• 1 year later...
  • 6 months later...

Hello, wondering if there's been any development on this. We also need to access members' mailing addresses as we offer physical goods with our digital products.

I realize members can add their mailing address to their account after creating it, but there does not appear to be a way to access that information through the Contacts page on the other end. Does anyone know of a way to access members' mailing addresses that they have provided? Why would they be able to enter a mailing address that cannot be accessed?