Updating Images Automatically

Go to solution Solved by Beyondspace,

Site URL: https://greenlynxservices.it

I need some of the images on my site's pages to update either through code I can run locally on my computer, or through code i can write inside the image blocks on the squarespace editor. I wanna offer my clients statistics on sports, but I can't update images manually since it would take forever, so I'm trying to find a way that would make it easier on my team while keeping the informations on the website as up to date as they can be. Is there a way I can do it?

• Replies 10
  • Views 803
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

37 minutes ago, GreenLynx said:

Like the images in this page: https://greenlynxservices.it/leghefree/serie-a . It's a portfolio page, but I'm interested in a general solution that would work with any kind of page. Thanks in advance for your time.

You may need a script to update the livescore from 3rd stats website, so it will keep the site up to date

BeyondSpace - Squarespace Website Developer

🖼️ Lightbox Studio (Enable Pinch/Zoom on lightbox)
🗓️ Delivery Date Picker (Squarespace Date picker form field)
💫 Gallery block 7.1 workaround
🥳 Sparkplugin Customisations Browsers (Browse +100 Spark plugin customisations)
🥳 Elfsight Template Browsers (Browse +1000 Elfsight widget Templates)

If you find my answer useful, let's leave a like or upvote so others with the same issue can find their solution. Thank you!

1 minute ago, bangank36 said:

You may need a script to update the livescore from 3rd stats website, so it will keep the site up to date

I already gather statistics through a program that is on my computer, I transform them, then I have to update them in the website. In any case, there is no 3rd website which provides the processed statistics we need, so I have to process them myself and then publish them on the site.

Just now, GreenLynx said:

I already gather statistics through a program that is on my computer, I transform them, then I have to update them in the website. In any case, there is no 3rd website which provides the processed statistics we need, so I have to process them myself and then publish them on the site.

Can you export the data in online datasource like google spreadsheet?

If you find my answer useful, let's leave a like or upvote so others with the same issue can find their solution. Thank you!

• Solution
Just now, GreenLynx said:

Like the images in this page: https://greenlynxservices.it/leghefree/serie-a . It's a portfolio page, but I'm interested in a general solution that would work with any kind of page. Thanks in advance for your time.

The general aproach is update the data on an online service and use javascript chart library (like chart.js) to read and render these bar chart using the data, that way you don't have to manually create the image from data and upload to the site

1 minute ago, bangank36 said:

The general aproach is update the data on an online service and use javascript chart library (like chart.js) to read and render these bar chart using the data, that way you don't have to manually create the image from data and upload to the site

So, I'd have to write javascript code in a squarespace block that goes to an online server (or similar) to get the data, right?

2 minutes ago, GreenLynx said:

So, I'd have to write javascript code in a squarespace block that goes to an online server (or similar) to get the data, right?

Yup, so you will only need to take care of the data, the process to create charts is handled by script

13 minutes ago, bangank36 said:

Really appreciated your help mate, thanks for your time.