Drop Menu for Categories in Shop

• Replies 5
  • Views 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

14 minutes ago, Lambchops said:

I would like to create a drop down menu in my header for the categories in my store but I am unsure how to do this.

See this guide: Linking to categories or tags

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

• 2 weeks later...

@paul2009 Can you link to a more specific section of what the question is specifically asking for? I went through the guide and could not find anything for creating a drop down menu for the store. As in, when someone hovers over the store-can a drop down menu appear there instead of creating a store "page"? Thank you.

38 minutes ago, dwfitz said:

I went through the guide and could not find anything for creating a drop down menu for the store.

The guide explains how to create links to collection categories and add these to the site navigation. By placing these links into a navigation folder, you’ll have a dropdown of product categories.

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.