• Replies 4
  • Views 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi,

It seems there is a lack of payment integration options especially around BNPL like Klarna or Clearpay.

Is anyone able to answer if Sqaurespace plan to expand on these or not, it seems Sqaurespace are very tight lipped around their roadmap.

There also appears to be some confusion around Clearpay, Sqaurespace say that it is not available whilst Clearpay themselves say it is.....

Squarespace has worked well for me but the limiting of payment options is restricting sales (based on feedback) I would like to see Klarna, Clearpay and Google Pay (all of which Stripe accept)

Thanks, 

Alex

Edited by AlexDWiltScentCo
On 9/14/2021 at 1:14 PM, AlexDWiltScentCo said:

It seems there is a lack of payment integration options especially around BNPL options like Klarna or Clearpay.

Squarespace have partnered with Afterpay for BNPL services using Stripe as the payment processor, and they have started to roll it out. If you're in the United States, Canada, New Zealand or Australia then you can use it now, subject the usual Afterpay and Stripe rules about products, order values and so on.

You didn't mention where you are, but as you mentioned Clearpay I'm gonna assume you're in the UK. Although Afterpay (Clearpay in the UK) isn't available in the UK yet, I would expect it to be added in the near future.

If you want to use Klarna or Google Pay, then you may want to consider using Shopify or Ecwid instead of Squarespace.

If this post was helpful, please click an icon below  ⬇️ 

Edited by paul2009

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

4 minutes ago, paul2009 said:

Squarespace have partnered with Afterpay for BNPL services using Stripe as the payment processor, and they have started to roll it out. If you're in the United States, Canada, New Zealand or Australia then you can use it now, subject the usual Afterpay and Stripe rules about products, order values and so on.

You didn't mention where you are, but as you mentioned Clearpay I'm gonna assume you're in the UK. Although Afterpay (Clearpay in the UK) isn't available in the UK yet, I would expect it to be added in the near future.

If you want to use Klarna or Google Pay, then you may want to consider using Shopify or Ecwid instead of Squarespace.

Hi Paul,

Thanks for replying. 

Yes I am from the UK.

To be honest a single BNPL option would be fine as this still gives customer the option and I'm guessing there is a reason for not excepting Google Pay??

I did read from several sources about Clearpay coming at some point in the future but with no actual timeframes, Squarespace themselves are not willing to give any information around this. 

Sqaurespace has been a good option for me, I am happy with the UI and the ease of making custom changes where I need them with CSS (albeit a few quirks)

Shopify is a great platform but personally I am not a fan of the web designer UI.

We'll have to see what the future holds.

Thanks, 

Alex

• 4 months later...
  • Solution

Clearpay (Afterpay in the UK) is now available on Squarespace. It can be enabled in Commerce > Payments by clicking Manage in the Stripe panel and then sliding the Clearpay toggle on.

clearpay-squarespace.png.e5aabd597cf7e7cfb2dc3e37318dd383.png

Bear in mind that it is not available for digital, service or subscription products, and your customers:

• Must be located in the UK
  • Meet Clearpay’s eligibility requirements
  • Be under their Clearpay credit limit
  • Must have an order total over £1 and under £1000
  • Cannot select a local pickup option at checkout
Edited by paul2009

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.