Lightbox Anything summary block

I'd like to use the Lightbox Anything plugin to display some speaker bios, instead of having them click through to their individual pages.

Is it possible to add the lightbox to a summary block, without having to replace all the source URLs individually for each post?

Is it also possible to use the lightbox anything plugin for a URL such as /speakers/speaker-name? This doesn't seem to work for me.

Thanks!

9 hours ago, tuanphan said:

Hi. Have you found the solution yet?

Hey Tuan. I haven't yet – still looking!

I've been able to get the lightbox to work for summary objects using #lightbox_http://www.url.com/speaker/speaker-name

There are two issues with this:

1. It means I have to replace the source URL for every speaker and I have lots of them – it would be ideal if I could automate the blog post to open in a lightbox automatically for each.

2. It opens the entire page in the lighbox including the footer and header. I want a couple of few blocks to display in the lightbox. Is this possible or would I be best trying to hide the header and footer on every blog post?

Thanks!

On 4/20/2021 at 12:31 AM, JButler said:

Hey Tuan. I haven't yet – still looking!

I've been able to get the lightbox to work for summary objects using #lightbox_http://www.url.com/speaker/speaker-name

There are two issues with this:

1. It means I have to replace the source URL for every speaker and I have lots of them – it would be ideal if I could automate the blog post to open in a lightbox automatically for each.

2. It opens the entire page in the lighbox including the footer and header. I want a couple of few blocks to display in the lightbox. Is this possible or would I be best trying to hide the header and footer on every blog post?

Thanks!

1. You can contact Sqspthemes support. They usually reply within 24 hours.

2. We can use CSS to hide header, footer on lightbox. Can you share link page where you add summary?

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours. 
Or send to forum message

Contact Customer Care - Learn CSS - Buy me a coffee (thank you!)

• 3 months later...

Thanks Tuan. Sqspthemes provided me with a script that work's for the entire summary block:

window.Squarespace.onInitialize(Y, function(){
  openBundleLinksInLightbox('.summary-title[href]:not(.lightbox-link),.summary-title-link[href]:not(.lightbox-link),.summary-read-more-link[href]:not(.lightbox-link),.summary-thumbnail-container[href]:not(.lightbox-link)');

I'm using Lazy Summaries with this plugin though, and annoyingly the lightbox only seems to work for the first 30 posts in my summary and not those loaded by the Lazy Summaries plugin. Is there an obvious way I could get this script to read all the posts in my summary and include those that Lazy Summaries have included?

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, GenuineContent said:

@JButler did you ever figure this out? I'm having the same problem now where lightbox is only working for the first 30. I can see that it's because after the first 30, the link changes to include the slug of the page where the summary lives. But I'm not sure how to figure out a workaround.

You should ask the author of the plugin about the exact issue to see how it goes

BeyondSpace - Squarespace Website Developer

🖼️ Lightbox Studio (Enable Pinch/Zoom on lightbox)
🗓️ Delivery Date Picker (Squarespace Date picker form field)
💫 Gallery block 7.1 workaround
🥳 Sparkplugin Customisations Browsers (Browse +100 Spark plugin customisations)
🥳 Elfsight Template Browsers (Browse +1000 Elfsight widget Templates)

If you find my answer useful, let's leave a like or upvote so others with the same issue can find their solution. Thank you!

• 1 year later...
On 7/25/2021 at 4:48 AM, JButler said:

Thanks Tuan. Sqspthemes provided me with a script that work's for the entire summary block:

window.Squarespace.onInitialize(Y, function(){
  openBundleLinksInLightbox('.summary-title[href]:not(.lightbox-link),.summary-title-link[href]:not(.lightbox-link),.summary-read-more-link[href]:not(.lightbox-link),.summary-thumbnail-container[href]:not(.lightbox-link)');

I'm using Lazy Summaries with this plugin though, and annoyingly the lightbox only seems to work for the first 30 posts in my summary and not those loaded by the Lazy Summaries plugin. Is there an obvious way I could get this script to read all the posts in my summary and include those that Lazy Summaries have included?

Hi @JButler I tried adding this script to footer and page code injection but doesn't seem to work. Did you add the script somewhere else or change any settings in lazy summaries to make this work? 

Thanks 🙂 

3 minutes ago, melaniejaane said:

Hi @JButler I tried adding this script to footer and page code injection but doesn't seem to work. Did you add the script somewhere else or change any settings in lazy summaries to make this work? 

Thanks 🙂 

What is your site URL?

BeyondSpace - Squarespace Website Developer

🖼️ Lightbox Studio (Enable Pinch/Zoom on lightbox)
🗓️ Delivery Date Picker (Squarespace Date picker form field)
💫 Gallery block 7.1 workaround
🥳 Sparkplugin Customisations Browsers (Browse +100 Spark plugin customisations)
🥳 Elfsight Template Browsers (Browse +1000 Elfsight widget Templates)

If you find my answer useful, let's leave a like or upvote so others with the same issue can find their solution. Thank you!