[Masonry Grid] Is it possible to display lanscape pictures wider (on multiple columns)?

I am using a masonry grid to build my gallery and most of the photos I want to include have a portrait orientation. As a result all of my horizontal photos look really small as their size is adjusted to fit each column.

Is there a way to display horizontal photos on multiple columns (maybe full width?) so that they stop looking tiny? I'm building my site on 7.1.

Thanks!

• Replies 9
  • Views 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 year later...
  • 8 months later...

@tuanphan I am also looking for a solution to this, particularly on a product summary block set to "Wall". Lets say you had 3 columns, you could set 3x1 images to span across 3 columns, 6x4 (landscape) images to span across 2 columns and 4x6 (portrait) images to span across only 1 column. Heights then adjust themselves. 

Thanks in advance!

Edited by stim
On 1/16/2023 at 2:38 PM, stim said:

@tuanphan I am also looking for a solution to this, particularly on a product summary block set to "Wall". Lets say you had 3 columns, you could set 3x1 images to span across 3 columns, 6x4 (landscape) images to span across 2 columns and 4x6 (portrait) images to span across only 1 column. Heights then adjust themselves. 

Thanks in advance!

Can you share link to page where you use summary? We can take a look

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours. 
Or send to forum message

Contact Customer Care - Learn CSS - Buy me a coffee (thank you!)

• 8 months later...
  • 9 months later...
17 hours ago, Polivantage said:

i have the same issue. Would love some code to do this on desktop. Currently i have 3 images side by side, i want landscape ones to take up 2/3 spaces horizontally. Thanks in advance.

Can you share link to page?

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours. 
Or send to forum message

Contact Customer Care - Learn CSS - Buy me a coffee (thank you!)