is there a way to find unneeded css and remove it?

• Replies 3
  • Views 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, derricksrandomviews said:

Not a simple way. And if no Custom CSS has been added then there is technically no un-needed code there. 

thanks for the reply. in building my site, i added a lot of custom css... and then made changes rendering some of what i pasted in obsolete. i heard somewhere that unneeded css can impact seo (not much, i'm sure, but every little bit helps!)

Not really, content does that more than anything else. Its easy to remove code but also easy to remove what you want to keep. What I do is copy snippets to wordpad, label where it came from, note what I thought it did for me if anything,  then I remove it if I think I don't want it.  If a change happens I don't want I paste it right back in. One has to be careful to copy it correctly and not miss anypart of it. That has happened to me. For example, I added code to make snow fall on my site for the Christmas Holidays, It worked for most pages but broke one page and I had to use a different code. It was a lot of code for that page.  I goofed up  when I removed it from the site. I deleted the last line of code for another effect. Took me awhile to repair that mistake.  

Archived