Search Block Not Indexing?

Site URL: https://BolesBells.com

Hi there!

I'm new here to Squarespace, but I'm not new to designing and managing websites.

I have a new site here, with a blog, and the Search function doesn't index all my content. I have turned on and off every function of the search block with the same non-return results. 

New blog posts are indexed in Search, but existing content on the main Home page -- using a portfolio layout -- doesn't appear to be indexing the text in the portfolio sub-areas linked from the home page.

//home/kettlebells -- is not indexed

but

/blog/2021/3/1/kettlebell-recovery-workout -- is indexed

Am I missing something?

Thanks!

db

Author. Publisher. Producer. New York City.
BolesBells.com | BolesBooks.com | BolesBlogs.com
ScriptProfessor.com | HumanMeme.com

• Replies 4
  • Views 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for the information.

Squarespace Customer Service told me Portfolio Blocks are not indexed. All Blog posts are indexed. The workaround they suggested was to make my Portfolio text blog posts instead. 

I mentioned to Support how that didn't make sense -- published text for visitors should always be indexed for local search no matter its named function or container. I was told my suggestion would be passed on to a manager. I am not hopeful for a resolution. 

I have a Google site search set up I can use to search my own site here -- and all my Portfolio text is already indexed by Google for the world -- so I don't understand why Squarespace wants Google to provide a better search indexing experience for my site.

Too bad Squarespace disables the Script I need to place my Google Search box on my site.

Edited to add: The site in question is -- https://BolesBells.com 

Author. Publisher. Producer. New York City.
BolesBells.com | BolesBooks.com | BolesBlogs.com
ScriptProfessor.com | HumanMeme.com

Archived