Incorrect Google Search Results

@edharris Could use your expertise here.  When I search "joey stephens music" or "joey stephens" in google, my "About" page populates(see image attached), rather than my "Home" page or, what I would like to populate, just my generic website "Joey Stephens Music" which when clicked would ideally take you to my home page.

I've setup my google search console.  I've checked my SEO settings.  Feel free to reiterate both those steps in detail(maybe I missed a step) or offer other possible solutions.

Any advice would be massively helpful!  Thanks!

Joey

116132066_IncorrectGoogleSearchResults.PNG.9cf7acafe7a07768b78bad2b8ee8031c.PNG

• Replies 6
  • Views 710
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The site is currently password protected, so it’s difficult for us to see the issues. 

Me: I'm Paul, a SQSP user for >18 yrs & Circle Leader since 2017. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: Founder of SF.DIGITAL. We provide high quality original extensions to supercharge your Squarespace website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to my own SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is completely free. You can thank me by selecting a feedback emoji. Buying a coffee is generous but optional.

Would you like your customers to be able to mark their favourite products in your Squarespace store?

Hi Joey.

The problem is that there's very little text content on the homepage for Google to index, and so the page won't rank highly. The site description is also very short. 

You should be able to solve this pretty easily by:

• adding some text to the home page that describes your "product". Around 200+ words.
  • rename your images to something a bit more descriptive. The images on the page currently have titles like titled navy_title1.jpg, Unknown.jpg and IMG_9250.jpg.
  • improve the site description.

After you make your changes, ask Google to reindex your page (by using Google Search Console).

For more information, see Increasing your site’s visibility to search engines.

Me: I'm Paul, a SQSP user for >18 yrs & Circle Leader since 2017. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: Founder of SF.DIGITAL. We provide high quality original extensions to supercharge your Squarespace website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to my own SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is completely free. You can thank me by selecting a feedback emoji. Buying a coffee is generous but optional.

Would you like your customers to be able to mark their favourite products in your Squarespace store?

@paul2009  Thanks!  Is there a way to just set my SEO settings to "know" that I want google to populate my main website name "Joey Stephens Music?"  I'm a total fish at this as you can tell.

THe reason why i ask for a different solution is,

1. THeres not much to add to my home page in regards to text

2. Not sure how to rename my images without chaning the names off the website then reuploading them to the website, which is not worth the effort to me.

3. THe site desciption is about as straight forward as it can be at this point.

THoughts?

Joey

Search engine crawlers read the page content to determine how useful the information is and how highly it should rank. If you don't add text, a page won't rank. 

Regarding image descriptions, see Adding alt text to images.

Archived