How do I create a "view demo" (/?password=demo) link to sell custom Squarespace website templates?

Hi-

I'd like to create a "View Demo" link to sell a custom website template design. It seems there's a fairly standard way to set up the "View Demo" action for customers to view the template, but I'm not sure how it's done. Is it a password protected page that involves code to bypass the need for entering a password? Below is an example of what I'm seeing as the standard. 

Example : https://leon-template.squarespace.com/?password=demo

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks!

Simply set the site wide password to demo and then provide a link to your site, complete with the url query

?password=demo

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

8 minutes ago, Soniap said:

And how is this connection made?

How do you mean?

Perhaps my guide to url queries will help: Squarespace Tips - URL Queries

There's a section that explains this.

Edited by paul2009

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

It should work fine for anyone who isn't logged into Squarespace. If you're having difficulties you may want to try a private or incognito window. 

Your example link works fine for me:

G9mJ03Kw5l.gif.be33fb11e8e5f7a5500c2f24e94462d9.gif

That site has expired.

On 1/29/2021 at 1:17 PM, Soniap said:

I did as you wrote but, an external visitor asks for the password and me who is logged in opens the site in the squarespace back end, I also saw that the links of the templates for sale are scattered, they look like subdomains ... example

https://leon-template.squarespace.com/?password=demo

try this url

https://apricot-ray.squarespace.com/?noredirect&password=demo

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours. 
Or send to forum message

Contact Customer Care - Learn CSS - Buy me a coffee (thank you!)

• 1 year later...