Fixed Navigation + ID Section Navigating

Site URL: https://pickmeup2.squarespace.com/

Hello!

I'm looking to move the position of the id navigation buttons down because they are being covered by my fixed announcement bar and navigation. Currently if you click on any of the navigation items they get covered. I'm looking to align each one right below the navigation as intended. Does anyone have a solution to fixing this? 

PASS WORD TO SITE : pickmeupPICKMEUP-navigation.thumb.jpg.50084c300a7b718154df4bc39fd7492d.jpg

• Replies 10
  • Views 625
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 2/4/2021 at 8:07 AM, JennieFage said:

@tuanphan could you help me with my problem please as it is similar to this. 

When I add the announcement bar it is fine on desktop but for mobile it pushes the navigation down and covers my content in the first section https://sprout-guava-7b2t.squarespace.com

Thanks, 

Jennie 

Looks fine here. Can you explain clearly?

image.thumb.png.dfea014d82b7dec53683a885ba7e8229.png

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours. 
Or send to forum message

Contact Customer Care - Learn CSS - Buy me a coffee (thank you!)

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/2/2021 at 10:22 PM, tuanphan said:

It looks fine here. Did you solve it?

image.thumb.png.d0aab55949d3713a6244350503147ec4.png

Hi Tuanphan,

Previously I was targeting the section and not the title section. Now that I am targeting the title section it's better but its still hiding below the sticky navigation. 

I'd like to the section title to land below the gold stroke and not hide below the navigation. Is there a way to offset the anchor below the gold stroke? It looks like the the anchor links are snapping to the top edge of the browser. 

On 2/16/2021 at 5:47 AM, EduardoPowerBrands said:

Hi Tuanphan,

Previously I was targeting the section and not the title section. Now that I am targeting the title section it's better but its still hiding below the sticky navigation. 

I'd like to the section title to land below the gold stroke and not hide below the navigation. Is there a way to offset the anchor below the gold stroke? It looks like the the anchor links are snapping to the top edge of the browser. 

Where is section title? Can you take a screenshot?

https://pickmeup2.squarespace.com/shop

Or send to forum message

• 1 month later...
On 4/8/2021 at 3:46 AM, feedmomandme said:

Hey,

I'm having the same issue! Were you able to resolve it?

When I click on one of my anchor links, it brings the section all the way to the top, below the fixed navigation bar. 

Thanks

https://www.feedmomandme.com/blog/9-foods-amp-nutrients-to-boost-your-babys-brain-development-during-pregnancy#Take your daily Prenatal Vitamin

Hi. Looks fine here. Do you still need help?

Or send to forum message

@feedmomandme

I can see the problem.

854933267_ScreenShot2021-04-12at3_38_46PM.png.a499ca34e8f6f02da2bceeeb101445c2.png

I noticed that the ids you are using contain spaces. Spaces are not one of the valid characters you can use.

I suggest id attribute values in the form of take-your-daily-prenatal vitamin.

Once those ids are fixed something like the following might do the trick.

#take-your-daily-prenatal-vitamin {

margin-top : -260px;
  padding-top : 260px;
  pointer-events : none;

}

Please see Create quick jumps or anchor links in Squarespace.

Find my contributions useful? Please like, upvote, mark my answer as the best ( solution ), and see my profile. Thanks for your support! I am a Squarespace ( and other technological things ) consultant open for new projects.

Archived