Fully Custom Blocks?

I am trying to figure out if there is a way to add your own custom blocks to the blocks list. Rather than just adding a code block with static content, or adding overrides for the squarespace blocks, I would like to create entirely new blocks, and add them to the block list under a "Custom" section.

I am currently setup with local development, and am trying to add a new block to my blocks folder. I have both my block and config files (ie: {custom-block}.block && {custom-block}.block.conf). I am now trying to figure out how to add the block to the blocks list in the image below. I would like to add my custom blocks to the more, or a new section. Really anywhere would be fine. 

Does anyone know if this is possible? Can anyone point me in the right direction?

836048068_ScreenShot2020-12-10at10_35_27AM.thumb.png.49a67cbee9d527862b6041deae567111.png

Edited by matt-uhray
More info.
  • 2 years later...
On 12/10/2020 at 4:49 PM, matt-uhray said:

I am trying to figure out if there is a way to add your own custom blocks to the blocks list. Does anyone know if this is possible?

It is possible if you are skilled in JavaScript. However it is not supported and could stop working at any time. 

About me: I'm Paul. A SQSP User for 18 yrs, I joined Circle when it launched in 2016 and have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: Founder of SF.DIGITAL, providing expertise and extensions to supercharge your Squarespace website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to my own SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee fuels my work.

Book paid help with a Squarespace Domain