My bullet points have disappeared helppp

Site URL: https://chromatical.com.au/chromatical-club

Hi folks, everything was find when I went to bed last night (I believe) and woke up this morning and no bullet points on my page were showing up.

I have custom bullet points that ARE showing up (That I'd like to reduce padding around but that's a different question) 

But regular ol' dot points have disappeared.

I can turn on 'numbered' ones, but not the dots.

This is across multiple parts of the page. 

304173137_ScreenShot2020-10-13at11_27_16am.thumb.png.385d02b3e51ca865cc9990a7b2ad064a.png305774071_ScreenShot2020-10-13at11_27_46am.thumb.png.0a96e436081305e907e6a66b168d3246.png

• Replies 6
  • Views 799
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Remove or comment out the following CSS.

ul[data-rte-list] li>*:first-child::before {
    content: "";
}

There are two instances of this in your Custom CSS.

Let us know how it goes.

Find my contributions useful? Please like, upvote, mark my answer as the best ( solution ), and see my profile. Thanks for your support! I am a Squarespace ( and other technological things ) consultant open for new projects.

2 hours ago, creedon said:

Remove or comment out the following CSS.

}

There are two instances of this in your Custom CSS.

Let us know how it goes.

@creedon Ah I thought it might have had something to do with that, but I ignored it because I thought it was meant to only affect the block ID it was sitting with and not the whole page.

I removed it and it totally fixed it, but then it brought back the dot points in the block ID where I created custom dot points. (only minorly but it's still there - I'll add a screenshot. Any idea how to add this back so that it makes them go away from those areas?

The very right of the image has the dot point showing. I don't want to move the image closer to the text or it'll look weird too.

Also while on this subject (sorrryyy) Do you know how I can reduce the spacing between the each dot points paragraph? It's way bigger gaps/paragraph spaces than regular dot points and I can't seem to find anything online about it.
Hope you can help!

Screen Shot 2020-10-16 at 9.37.30 am.png

Ah now I see what you want.

Add the following to Page Settings > Advanced > Page Header Code Injection for the page.

<style>

}

#block-c1c026d3eaae1fc56986 ul[data-rte-list] li>*:first-child::before,
  #block-yui_3_17_2_1_1602462753248_85035 ul[data-rte-list] li>*:first-child::before

{

content: "\2022";
      padding-right: 5px;

}

</style>

Basically we do what you did before and then restore it for just the two text blocks where you want the dots. If you add more text blocks and want dots you'll need to update the CSS. If I understand your bullet spacing correctly, I added padding control.

Let us know how it goes.

Find my contributions useful? Please like, upvote, mark my answer as the best ( solution ), and see my profile. Thanks for your support! I am a Squarespace ( and other technological things ) consultant open for new projects.

Archived