• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 4 months later...
On 9/30/2020 at 8:37 PM, naonow said:

Site URL: https://naonow.com/

Hello! I was wondering how to get our weglot translation button to show up in mobile (which shows up on desktop/computer right now)? Hoping to resolve this as soon as possible! @tuanphan @rwp @yoshe

Thanks!

https://naonow.com/

https://naonow.squarespace.com/config/

Hello naonow!

You have managed to integrate the Weglot switch in a very nice way. Both on mobile, desktop and tablet.

I would be very happy if you could share the way you managed to do it.

- Erlend

On 2/25/2021 at 8:12 PM, Erlend-fs said:

Hello naonow!

You have managed to integrate the Weglot switch in a very nice way. Both on mobile, desktop and tablet.

I would be very happy if you could share the way you managed to do it.

- Erlend

Have you solved it yet?

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours. 
Or send to forum message

Contact Customer Care - Learn CSS - Buy me a coffee (thank you!)

Hello tuanphan, and thanks for reaching out!

Yes, I managed to integrate the switcher as I wanted, with good help from Weglot support.

There is just one thing I haven't managed, and that is to get the dropdown (language switcher) to auto-close when you click you option, og click outside the menu.

But that might be quite complicated?

• 1 year later...

Hi all!

I'm Parker and I work on the Customer Operations team at Squarespace. I came across this thread, and I wanted to provide a quick update that we now have an integration with Weglot that allows you to add the language-switcher button to your site's header without code. 

Here's some more on that: 

https://support.squarespace.com/hc/en-us/articles/205809778-Creating-a-multilingual-site-in-Squarespace

• 2 months later...

@naonow  @tuanphan  @Erlend-fs  @Parker_SQSP

Hey, guys
I'm looking for a solution that was discussed in this thread.
I need to add a language switcher to the mobile header. The current (default) solution in my template - is switching language from the mobile overlay menu, but I don't need a mobile menu at all on my site, because it's a simple "landing page" approach. So I need to display the same approach that is on the desktop view now - a simple drop-down menu for only two language options.
I couldn't find anything to help me with this task in Squarespace and Weglot dashboards. Probably it should be code injection. So I googled it and found this thread. Maybe someone can share with me the right solution? I see it on naonow.com.
Thanx a lot.

On 10/14/2022 at 6:27 AM, ID230458 said:

@naonow  @tuanphan  @Erlend-fs  @Parker_SQSP

Hey, guys
I'm looking for a solution that was discussed in this thread.
I need to add a language switcher to the mobile header. The current (default) solution in my template - is switching language from the mobile overlay menu, but I don't need a mobile menu at all on my site, because it's a simple "landing page" approach. So I need to display the same approach that is on the desktop view now - a simple drop-down menu for only two language options.
I couldn't find anything to help me with this task in Squarespace and Weglot dashboards. Probably it should be code injection. So I googled it and found this thread. Maybe someone can share with me the right solution? I see it on naonow.com.
Thanx a lot.

Did you use WeGlot or which way to add different languages?

Or send to forum message

Hi @tuanphan

Correct, I'm using WeGlot to add a second language. And I've already faced additional difficulty using it.

Settings from their dashboard working improperly. For example, I've changed the naming for language options like this 'Ukrainian -> UA' and 'English -> EN'. And it's displayed in a drop-down menu on the front like -> 'UA' and 'English' instead of 'EN'. One name it's changing and another one is not for some reason. I've requested to their support but they told me that I need to change it in SS's settings, but again there is no such option to do it from there. And I don't see an easy solution how to fix it right now, unfortunately. So I kinda stuck with all that. Could you light me the way to fix some of this issues? Thank you

weglot_settings_.jpg

bug_1.jpg

On 10/20/2022 at 1:54 AM, ID230458 said:

Hi @tuanphan

Correct, I'm using WeGlot to add a second language. And I've already faced additional difficulty using it.

Settings from their dashboard working improperly. For example, I've changed the naming for language options like this 'Ukrainian -> UA' and 'English -> EN'. And it's displayed in a drop-down menu on the front like -> 'UA' and 'English' instead of 'EN'. One name it's changing and another one is not for some reason. I've requested to their support but they told me that I need to change it in SS's settings, but again there is no such option to do it from there. And I don't see an easy solution how to fix it right now, unfortunately. So I kinda stuck with all that. Could you light me the way to fix some of this issues? Thank you

weglot_settings_.jpg

bug_1.jpg

What is your site url? We will try some code to change English to EN text

Or send to forum message

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have the same thing. All works fine on desktop and the language switcher is visible, but it's not visible on mobile.

It's a weglot integration.

If anyone knows how to set it up to also display on mobile, that would be highly appreciated.

On 3/8/2023 at 2:53 PM, SSNinja said:

I have the same thing. All works fine on desktop and the language switcher is visible, but it's not visible on mobile.

It's a weglot integration.

If anyone knows how to set it up to also display on mobile, that would be highly appreciated.

What is your site url?

Or send to forum message