Multiple portfolio subpages with a single continuous pagination

Hello! 

I'm creating a photo gallery utilizing portfolio pages and subpages. I chose this option to utilize the pagination feature. 40 subpages is the limit for a portfolio page, so I have had to create another portfolio page to feature all content. (50 total subpages between 2 portfolio pages.)

My question is: Is there a way to connect these separate portfolio pages to create a single, continuous pagination for all subpages?  

TIA!

• Replies 7
  • Views 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 months later...

not sure if this issue was resolved but manual pointing to the first page of PF2 from the last page of PF1 is easy when copying the url slug of PF2 page 1 and in the last page of PF1 creating a  link to a "web address" where you fill out your home url/ the url slug of the page you're pointing to. you can find the url slug under general page settings.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I have solved it like this.

https://www.goodmonday.se

First I created X number of 'Portfolio pages' (adding the max 40 items per portfolio). I then moved these 'Portfolio pages' to the "Not Linked" section, so all the portfolios were hidden.

Next I created a new blank page and added this to my header menu (named it portfolio etc). I then added a single section gallery block to this page (using the "Masonry grid") and uploaded all my thumbnails to this gallery and linked each thumbnail to the URL of each project inside the  hidden 'Portfolio Pages'.

This way I can add any number of Portfolio pages that I need, but still show them all as one continuous portfolio. The Masonry grid looks a bit different compared to the normal Portfolio page, but if you spend some time cropping the thumbnails to a default size, then you can mimic the look of the portfolio very closely.

I've chosen to use different heights on some of my thumbnails because I like the randomized look. Hope it helps someone! 🙂

Archived