Passing an email from one form to another

Hello,

I have a form on my landing page that takes an email address and then on submit it redirects to a different page with a more in depth form but still has an email field in case users get to the bigger form first.

I wanted to know how to pass the email from the first form to the second one so that it is already filled in and users don't have to type it again?

• Replies 3
  • Views 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 hours ago, IXStudio said:

You can do this with method=get

Email addresses are considered personally identifiable information (PII), so in the interests of protecting end user privacy, the HTML for the FORM tag should not use method=get. If GET is used, the email address will end up as part of the URL in the address bar and may be disclosed to third party services, such as ad tracking. POST is the preferred 'method' for submitting forms.

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

Archived