• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Advanced Search
QAAM

How can I create this line with CSS?

Question

Posted (edited)

1) How can I create this 'line / frame' in css?
I know how to create a horizontal line and two vertical one, but i cant't stitch those together to recreate the graphic.

2 how can i make this sticky on top of the page? So it hangs above the primary navigation. ( and make it sticky on every page when scrolling?

CSS_frame.png

Edited by QAAM
info

10 answers to this question

Use a code block and insert

<div class="bar"></div>

Add CSS (you may have to adjust size and location)

.bar {
  border: 3px solid black;
  width: 100%;
  height: 30px;
  border-bottom: none;
  position: fixed;
  background: transparent;
  top: 0px;
  left: 0px;
}

Free Squarespace 7.1 Anchor Link and Accordion Plugins available here!

If I replied to one of your questions with code, it was either CSS or jQuery.

To add CSS, go to Design -> Custom CSS

jQuery needs some additional steps. Head here: https://code.jquery.com/ and click on minified, under jQuery 3.x and copy that code into Squarespace.

After you put that code into the code injection section in Squarespace, you can add the code I supplied. The code from me will need <script> added before it and </script> added after it (only for jQuery).

There are two places that you can add the code, one is site wide (adds to all pages). Settings -> Advanced -> Code Injection

The other is for a specific page (adds to one page only). Pages -> Gear Icon next to the page -> Advanced

12 minutes ago, rwp said:

I inserted a code block and pasted your code, but it just shows the text

2020-07-30 15.png

The <div> code goes in the block.

Css goes in design -> css

jQuery needs some additional steps. Head here: https://code.jquery.com/ and click on minified, under jQuery 3.x and copy that code into Squarespace.

After you put that code into the code injection section in Squarespace, you can add the code I supplied. The code from me will need <script> added before it and </script> added after it (only for jQuery).

There are two places that you can add the code, one is site wide (adds to all pages). Settings -> Advanced -> Code Injection

The other is for a specific page (adds to one page only). Pages -> Gear Icon next to the page -> Advanced

Thanks rwp!

it works!
You happen to know how i can center it instead of left aligned?

I'd have to see the page.

Set the page up as password to view. Post that password. (Not your log in password)

1 hour ago, QAAM said:

Your site is private. You can setup password & share url

You can send your question to my email to get faster answer. / How to Setup Password & Share URL 

-- I'm Tuan. I work for a non-profit project (build free libraries). I check the forum once or twice a day to help out the community. If you don't see me answering your question, you can send it to the email above. There are so many questions every day so I can't answer them all at once, I will try to answer them in the next few days.