how to reduce banner image sizes to fit mobile device?

15 hours ago, Coachtech said:

Having same problem just with mobile homepage banner not resizing enough on small iPhones.

The banner image is designed to do this. Rather than trying to resize the banner image, it is better to remove the text/logo from the image and display the logo as a separate block over the banner image. In this way, the logo size can be controlled, independently of the header background image.

I say this because:

• The banner image is also a problem on larger screen sizes (see screenshot below)
  • If you resize the banner image for mobiles, the logo will be much smaller and potentially unreadable by some users

image.thumb.png.3e125173c8009f4d28a37a1a6ac6cce0.png

Another point regarding images, you may want to check the alt text for your images. Alt text is the text you add to images to identify the content of the image. It makes them more accessible to visitors and can improve your site's visibility on search engines. Your image titles currently have titles like "Agape Banner Cropped2" and "jason-blackeye-145755". 

I hope this helps.

Did this help? Please give feedback by clicking an icon below  ⬇️

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

• 8 months later...
15 hours ago, MarieJamora said:

Hello there, I would also like help either choosing the crop for my banner image per page on my site or fitting the banner while in mobile setting. I tried cut and pasting the other codes and they don't work.

https://www.mariejamora.com/

The main page is fine but if you click on any of the images, then it crops the banner.

Thank you!

You can add this to Design > Custom CSS

/* resize mobile banner */
@media screen and (max-width:767px) {
body.collection-5e5de0d1f951361518ef3d17.view-item article>section:first-child {
    min-height: unset !important;
}
}

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours. 
Or send to forum message

Contact Customer Care - Learn CSS - Buy me a coffee (thank you!)

• 5 weeks later...
On 8/31/2023 at 11:11 AM, idha_nyc said:

Hi @tuanphan, I've also tried to adapt the other codes but can't get this to work! I'd love for the top banner on this site to be responsive on mobile devices: 

https://www.idha-nyc.org/core-curriculum-draft

Use this code to Custom CSS box

/* Core Curriculum Draft page */
@media screen and (max-width:640px) {
body#collection-649cd60f19f7c556b6ae557c .Parallax-item:first-child img {
    width: 100% !important;
    top: 0 !important;
    left: 0 !important;
    height: auto !important;
}
section#cc-header {
    height: 200px;
}
}

Or send to forum message

• 4 months later...
On 7/14/2020 at 7:51 PM, tuanphan said:

I don't see banner. Which banner?

Hi Tuan,

I'm having a similar issue, hoping you can help me. Currently my mobile banner gets cut off, is there any way I can get it to resize? Not sure if I'll have to change the dimensions of the main image? 

Here's the URL to my website: thealmanator.com

Also how would I enter the code? Would I simply go to pages > website tools> custom css and enter the code there? (Sorry this is my first website)

Thanks in advance!

On 9/3/2023 at 1:24 AM, tuanphan said:

Use this code to Custom CSS box

/* Core Curriculum Draft page */
@media screen and (max-width:640px) {
body#collection-649cd60f19f7c556b6ae557c .Parallax-item:first-child img {
    width: 100% !important;
    top: 0 !important;
    left: 0 !important;
    height: auto !important;
}
section#cc-header {
    height: 200px;
}
}

Hi @tuanphan, I'm having a similar issue, hoping you can help me. Currently my mobile banner gets cut off, is there any way I can get it to resize? Not sure if I'll have to change the dimensions of the main image? Here's the URL to my website: thealmanator.com Also how would I enter the code? Would I simply go to pages > website tools> custom css and enter the code there? (Sorry this is my first website) Thanks in advance!

On 1/23/2024 at 12:48 PM, thealmanator said:

Hi Tuan,

I'm having a similar issue, hoping you can help me. Currently my mobile banner gets cut off, is there any way I can get it to resize? Not sure if I'll have to change the dimensions of the main image? 

Here's the URL to my website: thealmanator.com

Also how would I enter the code? Would I simply go to pages > website tools> custom css and enter the code there? (Sorry this is my first website)

Thanks in advance!

Which page are you referring to? I don't see banner on homepage

Or send to forum message

• 1 month later...

Not sure if the CSS is different depending on the page. But I've tried a couple on this thread that have not helped me. I'm trying to get my home page banner to resize to the mobile phone. Can you help me? this is my website www.bma.us. Attached is a picture of the banner circled in red. image.thumb.png.4ba69be39f8d273f83302b9b1a06e0ab.png

On 3/4/2024 at 10:44 PM, bmaweb said:

Not sure if the CSS is different depending on the page. But I've tried a couple on this thread that have not helped me. I'm trying to get my home page banner to resize to the mobile phone. Can you help me? this is my website www.bma.us. Attached is a picture of the banner circled in red. image.thumb.png.4ba69be39f8d273f83302b9b1a06e0ab.png

You can use this code to Website > Website Tools > Custom CSS

@media screen and (max-width:991px) {
body.homepage .gallery-fullscreen-slideshow[data-width="full-bleed"] {
    height: 30vh !important;
}
}

Or send to forum message

• 1 month later...
On 4/20/2024 at 1:11 AM, CarlyFly said:

Hi,

I am having the same issue of making this

top banner: section[data-section-id="661f53df287ca660754dd879"] shrink in mobile view. I've tried multiple codes and they are not working.

https://www.asianpilots.org/nexgen-takeoff

Please help!

Thanks,

Carly

@media screen and (max-width:991px) {
[data-section-id="661f53df287ca660754dd879"] {
    min-height: unset !important;
    margin-top: 5vh;
}
}

Or send to forum message

On 4/23/2024 at 7:49 PM, Dario88c said:

Hello everyone,

I'm looking for custom code that will keep the background image (our services section) only on the homepage for desktop users, while ensuring it disappears for the mobile version. 

Here is the link: https://beagle-cod-7bmw.squarespace.com/ and here's the password: 5p0rt51nv3st2024

Thank you!

Dario

@media screen and (max-width:767px) {
[data-section-id="6613ff16f9286224504f421e"] .section-border img {
    opacity: 0;
}
}

Or send to forum message