• Views 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 3 months later...
20 minutes ago, L_Avec said:

Has there been a solution found to this question?

This thread is unanswered because it's difficult to understand the question. 🤔

If you can provide a working link to a product on your site, and a mockup of what you'd like to see, we may be able to help. 🙂

Me: I'm Paul, a SQSP user for >18 yrs & Circle Leader since 2017. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: Founder of SF.DIGITAL. We provide high quality original extensions to supercharge your Squarespace website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to my own SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is completely free. You can thank me by selecting a feedback emoji. Buying a coffee is generous but optional.

On 10/5/2020 at 3:58 PM, paul2009 said:

This thread is unanswered because it's difficult to understand the question. 🤔

If you can provide a working link to a product on your site, and a mockup of what you'd like to see, we may be able to help. 🙂

Of course!  I can't share a link to the actual site - due to contractual agreements, but I can share a dummy site, as well as a visual of what I'm looking for.

I think what they are asking (or at least what I am asking) is, in your shop feed, or product page, 
is it possible to add the category in which that product lives before the product name?

Such as how can with blog posts, add the category and/or date metadata before the blog post title. 

this is how it is: CURRENT.thumb.png.0f80a29cf60378f3995b2877d7693122.png

this is what I would like for the shop page: Desired.thumb.jpg.bd5a08a51fff1bd5661cbdaeebbe7bf6.jpg

and on the  individual product page: productpage-desired.thumb.jpg.cfda1851e9acc9059a7398f7ec22362a.jpg

I am in 7.1 - but if you need a link to the dummy site which is based in the same starting template and shop template as the site i'm working on, I am more than happy to share. 

Thanks so much!!

• 1 year later...
On 2/10/2022 at 9:35 AM, vivid11 said:

I am also keen to know the answer to this. I need to figure out how to do that exact thing - add the product category along with the title in the shop page. Keen to know the solution!

I just think of some ideas. Can you share link to your shop page? I can test something

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours. 
Or send to forum message

Contact Customer Care - Learn CSS - Buy me a coffee (thank you!)

• 10 months later...
  • 1 year later...
On 10/7/2020 at 12:31 AM, L_Avec said:

What I am asking is, in your shop feed, or product page, is it possible to add the category in which that product lives before the product name?

There isn't a built in feature that allows you to expose the product category on individual products but you could write some JavaScript to do this. For example, on the Store Page (otherwise known as the Product List Page), if a product is in a category, that grid-item will have a category class that indicates the class. By looking for this class, you could show the category name visibly on the page. That said, the exact script will depend on how and where you want the categories to be displayed and how you want them to be shown when a product is in more than one category.

Me: I'm Paul, a SQSP user for >18 yrs & Circle Leader since 2017. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: Founder of SF.DIGITAL. We provide high quality original extensions to supercharge your Squarespace website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to my own SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is completely free. You can thank me by selecting a feedback emoji. Buying a coffee is generous but optional.

2 hours ago, paul2009 said:

There isn't a built in feature that allows you to expose the product category on individual products but you could write some JavaScript to do this. For example, on the Store Page (otherwise known as the Product List Page), if a product is in a category, that grid-item will have a category class that indicates the class. By looking for this class, you could show the category name visibly on the page. That said, the exact script will depend on how and where you want the categories to be displayed and how you want them to be shown when a product is in more than one category.

Would you be so kind as to help me write such code? In my store, products will always have a maximum of two categories, and I would like them to be displayed side by side, for example: new | leasing. I would like the category to be displayed beneath the name on the store view (new | leasing), whereas above the name for a specific product. In an ideal world, on the product page, I would like them to be buttons in pill shape, with a background color of #3F4A5C, font: UrbaneRounded-DemiBold in white.

• 4 weeks later...

Same question,
I want to display the product category in its own page, and also whenever you see it, let's say in the "all" category. So that I don't have to specify the type of product each time in the name, and it won't look silly when you are in its own category.
Preferably with css, not java,
can anyone do this? I imagine it isn't hard. I am looking into the solution myself, but alas, I am a noob.

Posted (edited)
On 6/4/2024 at 9:15 PM, Polivantage said:

Same question,
I want to display the product category in its own page, and also whenever you see it, let's say in the "all" category. So that I don't have to specify the type of product each time in the name, and it won't look silly when you are in its own category.
Preferably with css, not java,
can anyone do this? I imagine it isn't hard. I am looking into the solution myself, but alas, I am a noob.

Something like this? Here I used CSS code, so category name won't be clickable.

Add Category Label 02 Min

Edited by tuanphan
typo

Or send to forum message

Yes, like that! that would be amazing. How do I achieve this with css?

PS:
How do i display my shop categories on mobile within a category?
Let's say I am in Shop->Category ; now i have no UI on mobile except for the header and footer, Id like an accessible way to change categories from within a category (on mobile). Why does the category menu disappear when i enter a category?

On 6/8/2024 at 7:13 AM, Polivantage said:

Yes, like that! that would be amazing. How do I achieve this with css?

PS:
How do i display my shop categories on mobile within a category?
Let's say I am in Shop->Category ; now i have no UI on mobile except for the header and footer, Id like an accessible way to change categories from within a category (on mobile). Why does the category menu disappear when i enter a category?

Label: You can see this below guide

You mean show this on mobile?

image.png.87f9608ba54ba826010706cd8ba0f481.png

Or send to forum message