Product image sizes/aspect ratio v7.1

Site URL: http://philipstewart.squarespace.com

Hi, I would like to display my images in their original sizes/aspect ratio.

At the moment, I can only select one aspect ratio for all the shop's thumbnail images, which at the moment is "1:1 square". Is it possible to have these set to auto so that if it's a vertical/horizontal/square image, the thumbnail will display as that aspect ratio.

I would also like when selecting an image/product from the shop to have the image in it's original size. Again, there is just one standard to set for all products where my products/images can be all different aspect ratio's and I would just like them to display at the size I have saved them as which is 1200px on the longest edge.

Many thanks for any help. It is much appreciated!

• 5 months later...

@PhilipStewart Did you ever figure this out? It would be a nice feature to have. I'm looking for the same functionality for an artist who is selling prints. It looks like you've just kept the 1:1 aspect for now.

One thought I just had is to sort the prints into categories like "horizontal" and "vertical" or "landscape" and "portrait" orientation. Then, you could add two summary blocks, one showing the horizontal category with an appropriate aspect ratio, followed by the vertical category with its ratio. This should work well if all of your horizontal images are more or less the same ratio, and same with vertical. Let me know if you think of another solution!

On 12/10/2020 at 1:10 AM, lainer said:

@PhilipStewart Did you ever figure this out? It would be a nice feature to have. I'm looking for the same functionality for an artist who is selling prints. It looks like you've just kept the 1:1 aspect for now.

One thought I just had is to sort the prints into categories like "horizontal" and "vertical" or "landscape" and "portrait" orientation. Then, you could add two summary blocks, one showing the horizontal category with an appropriate aspect ratio, followed by the vertical category with its ratio. This should work well if all of your horizontal images are more or less the same ratio, and same with vertical. Let me know if you think of another solution!

If you share link to product page, we can take a look

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours. 
Or send to forum message

Contact Customer Care - Learn CSS - Buy me a coffee (thank you!)

• 1 month later...

Did you figure this out? I have the same issue.  I can see that on the print page, you're using 1x1 images, which I could also do.  But on the individual product pages you're managing to get the images to show actual proportions.   I seem to only be able to set one style for all the product pages, and so can't seem to show landscape images on some pages and portrait on others - they all have to be the same aspect ratio.  Any ideas?

• 1 month later...
On 12/11/2020 at 10:38 PM, tuanphan said:

If you share link to product page, we can take a look

Hey

Here is the link to the products page - https://philipstewart.net/prints

I have been getting some help with trying to get this how I want it to look but still haven't managed to get it quite right.

I'm happy with the thumbnails being square but when going into a product, it doesn't seem to keep the original sizes for the image. The portrait images such as this - https://philipstewart.net/prints/p/corstorphinehilltower1  are being stretched much larger than the original 1200px size. Do you know why it is doing this and how to stop it from making the image larger?

Thank you!

Site URL: https://helenwellsartist.com/shop

Hello lovely folk

I wondered if anyone could offer any thoughts or help... I'm an artist and I sell square and rectangular artworks  in my shop and I want to have a different photograph aspect ratios for different products in my shop gallery ie some square and some rectangular 

https://www.helenwellsartist.com/shop

Is there a simple way to do this/ is this possible?

Thanks so much 

Edited by HELEN1570048363

I'm an artist and not very techie -new to Squarespace and loving it!

On 3/5/2021 at 6:33 PM, Siana said:

Same issue here. 

I'm okay with squared thumbnail, but when going into product I need them to be original size.

That's my url - https://www.chilla.one/shop/p/god-complex 

Thank you!

Add to Design > Custom CSS

/* product detail img */
.ProductItem-gallery-slides-item.selected.going-next.loaded img {
    object-fit: contain !important;
}

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours. 
Or send to forum message

Contact Customer Care - Learn CSS - Buy me a coffee (thank you!)

On 3/7/2021 at 8:55 AM, tuanphan said:

Add to Design > Custom CSS

/* product detail img */
.ProductItem-gallery-slides-item.selected.going-next.loaded img {
    object-fit: contain !important;
}

Thank you so much! That worked 🙂 

• 5 months later...

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

• 2 years later...

@paul2009 Tried your solution from the article link you provided - but seems to break quick view, and product image gallery as well as hiding next/previous arrows if Stack design is selected.  site link Click here  pw:123456

any help would be appreciated. (purple image)