URL Mapping for Secondary Domain Hosted at Squarespace

Site URL: https://www.peridotcapitalist.com

Previously I had my corporate site (peridotcapital.com) and my blog site (peridotcapitalist.com) as separate domains.

I have now imported my blog site and all blog posts into the corporate site. The old blog landing page (peridotcapitalist.com) is now found at peridotcapital.com/blog and the blog posts went from being at peridotcapitalist.com/yyyy/mm/post-title/ to being at peridotcapital.com/blogposts/yyyy/mm/post-title/

I have have transferred the old domain (peridotcapitalist.com) to Squarespace to allow me to successfully redirect the blog traffic to the new site urls. To do this I really need to accomplish two things:

1) Get peridotcapitalist.com to redirect to peridotcapital.com/blog (I have completed this step by forwarding the domain under DNS settings)

2) Redirect all of the old post pages (peridotcapitalist.com/yyyy/mm/post-title/) to their new location (peridotcapital.com/blogposts/yyyy/mm/post-title/).

#2 above is what I cannot figure out. I assumed that transferring the domain to Squarespace would allow me to set up two redirects (one for the home page and one for all of the post pages) but right now the blog post pages all redirect to the new blog home page (peridotcapital.com/blog).

Is there any way to redirect the posts too, and not just the root domain, of a secondary domain hosted with Squarespace?

Thanks for any help!

Chad

UPDATE: I removed the domain forwarding for the secondary connected domain to see if that would allow me to setup URL mapping on the primary domain for the individual blog posts. That did work, so that gives me #2 above in exchange for losing #1.

Is there any way to redirect the home page for the connected domain itself, while keeping it linked to the site so that the URL mapping works for individual pages with updated urls? Just trying to get both objectives done, even though I prefer #2 to #1 above if I have to choose. Thanks!

• Replies 1
  • Views 865
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would point your domains to where they have always gone, blog to blog, home to home, and then make sure that the slug/url for your blog main page and all your blog posts match what they were before right down to the letter. Each blog post has its own url and that should make sure the right  domain.com/.....goes to the right post. 

Archived