email and domain

Site URL: http://sebastianlefeuvre.co.uk

Hello, so:

My emailing system is held with fasthosts, as is my domain. 

So I've transferred the domain to my website, but now I'm trying to sort out the emails. 

My contact sheet doesn't send to info@sebastianlefeuvre.co.uk (fasthosts)

but it also isn't sending to my personal email: seb.lefeuvre@hotmail.co.uk

What can I do?

And secondly, how can I use my emails with square space?

• Replies 9
  • Views 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If your domain hosting site is also hosting your emails then SS should not have any effect. SS does not host emails, you use your own hosting site or G-Suite, which can be set up thru SS and use a SS domain they host. You can use contact buttons, links, forms on your website with any working email address. Newsletter forms and contact forms do have to be set up. The email address you want to use is added in the storage area of a form. Edit the form, click the storage tab, and you will see three fields, Email, Mailchimp, Google drive. You will need to delete the email field by clicking the x and then add your own address and save it. 

3 minutes ago, derricksrandomviews said:

If your domain hosting site is also hosting your emails then SS should not have any effect. SS does not host emails, you use your own hositng or G-Suite, which can be set up thru SS and use a SS domain they host. You can use contact buttons, links, forms on your website with any working email address. Newsletter forms and contact forms do have to be set up. The email address you want to use is added in the storage area of a form. Edit the form, click the storage tab, and you will see three fields, Email, Mailchimp, Google drive. You will need to delete the email field by clicking the x and then add your own address and save it. 

I think it may be a Fasthost issue then. 

I changed the form and put my personal email down, and I'm now receiving emails. 

And with the fasthosts one: info@sebastianlefeuvre.co.uk, I'm not. 

Thank you for the kind response!

5 minutes ago, derricksrandomviews said:

You are very welcome.

Okay so, I've just been on the phone with Fasthosts.

They said I need to change the mail server in squarespace and the MX record to fasthosts which I've been given. 

Would you know how to do that? Haha

This is what I found out so far:

Keep your current email provider

To keep using your current email provider, you can still connect a third-party domain to Squarespace without disrupting your email service. Connecting your domain to Squarespace only involves changes to CNAME and A records, so if your domain provider also hosts your email, there’s no need to adjust your nameservers or MX records. 

Note: Your email provider might be different than your domain provider. If your email provider asked you to use their default nameservers instead of your domain provider’s, use the email provider's DNS records to connect your domain to Squarespace. We recommend contacting your email provider for help editing these records.

If you’re using a Squarespace Domain, you can also keep using a third-party email service by adding your email's MX records to your domain settings. To learn more, visit Advanced DNS settings.

3 minutes ago, derricksrandomviews said:

This is what I found out so far:

Keep your current email provider

To keep using your current email provider, you can still connect a third-party domain to Squarespace without disrupting your email service. Connecting your domain to Squarespace only involves changes to CNAME and A records, so if your domain provider also hosts your email, there’s no need to adjust your nameservers or MX records. 

Note: Your email provider might be different than your domain provider. If your email provider asked you to use their default nameservers instead of your domain provider’s, use the email provider's DNS records to connect your domain to Squarespace. We recommend contacting your email provider for help editing these records.

If you’re using a Squarespace Domain, you can also keep using a third-party email service by adding your email's MX records to your domain settings. To learn more, visit Advanced DNS settings.

I figured it out! 

Thank you so much!

There's one more thing:

I've shared it on my facebook, but is there a way of having a bespoke text with it? Rather than a what it says on the website on a text box waaay down the page?

Untitled.png

Its the font sizes on your Home page  that is determining what FB pulls for the link content. If you don't want to change the look of your home page you can work around this by creating a social share page, with just want you want on it, like sharing a blog post. Give it a nice slug and it could look like this http://sebastianlefeuvre.co.uk/hello, you can put it in the unlinked section of your site so it is not on the nav bar, so it isn't available unless the url is used. 

• 10 months later...

Archived