Drop-shadow on Headings

Site URL: http://www.scienceisWEIRD.com

Hullo! I'm trying to put a shadow behind some of my headings (they're against an image, and they can be hard to see).

Right now, I'm trying to do it with a Markdown box. I'm entering the following...  

<span style="text-shadow:2px 2px 3px #000;">
Next class starts April 27, 2020 • Open for all kids ages 9 – 12 • ADHD/2e students especially welcome
</span>

...which works great — the shadow's perfect — but it automatically styles the text as Paragraph 2 (I'm pretty sure). I'd like it to be a heading.

When I put <h2> in, as follows... 

<span style="text-shadow:2px 2px 3px #000;"> 
<h2>
Next class starts April 27, 2020 • Open for all kids ages 9 – 12 • ADHD/2e students especially welcome 
</h2>
</span>

...the shadow disappears.

(The same thing happens with <h1>, <h3>, and <h4>. I'd also test this with paragraph 1, paragraph 2, etc. fonts, but I'm enough of a noob to not know how to do that.)

Does anyone have a notion of how I can get heading text to have a shadow behind it? Much thanks in advance!

Run a test-prep company, and a group where little kids get together to make brunch and talk philosophy. Starting a school.

• Replies 2
  • Views 634
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived