How to remove/disable the "Login" menu item

Go to solution Solved by tuanphan,

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

This same thing has just happened to me. I'm almost done with my site and all of a sudden "Login" is appearing in my site navigation and is pushing everything into a jumbled mess. I just want to remove it but it doesn't appear in my pages and I have searched high and low for other ways to get rid of it and can't figure it out. I'm not seeing any post here to fix it. Any suggestions?

This same thing has just happened to me. I'm almost done with my site and all of a sudden "Login" is appearing in my site navigation and is pushing everything into a jumbled mess. I just want to remove it but it doesn't appear in my pages and I have searched high and low for other ways to get rid of it and can't figure it out. I'm not seeing any post here to fix it. Any suggestions?

Update: no more than 5 minutes later I found the answer in another forum post. For anyone who is interested, the code below seemed to fix my problem: home>design> custom css

.user-accounts-link {
    display: none !important;
    visibility: hidden !important;
    opacity: 0 !important;
    color: white !important;
    font-size: 0 !important;
}
  • 1 month later...
On 10/21/2020 at 11:35 PM, rosie0220 said:

Does anyone know if you remove the Login from the header, can you create a link to it somewhere else?

If you share site url, we can give the code

On 10/22/2020 at 12:06 AM, rosie0220 said:

Or can I keep it on just one page?

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours. 
Or send to forum message

Contact Customer Care - Learn CSS - Buy me a coffee (thank you!)

4 hours ago, rosie0220 said:

www.kapowoutdoors.com

i would like it only visible behind the private distributor page

password to that: Distributors_2020!

Can you share link to distributor page? We can check easier

Or send to forum message

• 1 year later...
21 hours ago, bluefox said:

to be clear. After subscribing to the "Member Accounts" service, a "SIGN IN" link was added to my website menu. and I would like it to only be available on certain pages. please. help.

What is site url? We can check easier

Or send to forum message

12 hours ago, mcgupton said:

I am having the same issue! Would like to remove "sign in" from our nav bar... the site is in 7.0

Any tips?

restoreandrevivefw.com

Thank you! 

Screen Shot 2022-03-07 at 12.57.18 PM.png

Add to Design > Custom CSS

div.user-account-link {
    display: none;
}

Or send to forum message

• 2 months later...
2 hours ago, alxemerald said:

I would like to remove "sign in" from our nav bar.

When you Customer Accounts are enabled the SIGN IN link is required so that customers can sign in to their account and edit their payment information.

If you would prefer not to use Customer Accounts you can disable them in Commerce > Customer Accounts:

image.png.cdb971ece379ad9d4634ad8981c2b548.png

Me: I'm Paul, a SQSP user for >18 yrs & Circle Leader since 2017. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: Founder of SF.DIGITAL. We provide high quality original extensions to supercharge your Squarespace website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to my own SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is completely free. You can thank me by selecting a feedback emoji. Buying a coffee is generous but optional.

Would you like your customers to be able to mark their favourite products in your Squarespace store?

I understand about the "Customer Accounts" option, I use it and it should be on.

The problem is that it confuses people as I use another platform to host courses (videos), and it has a separate Sign In (Log In) link. So my goal is to have Sign In as a regular page where I have a link to "Customer Accounts" (like: click here to access your customer account settings) and a separate link to access videos (example: click here to see videos). Unfortunately, the Customer Accounts page is not customizable, and I can't add a description there to explain it to the site visitors. So I get calls from people saying that they have a problem with Sign In and can't get access to videos.

I use SS as a store front to sell, it's beautiful and easy to use, but for courses I need advanced features, so have to use a different platform. People get welcome emails with a link and a password to videos, but most of the time, then they just go to SS website and trying to Log In there.

How can I customize Customer Accounts page or hide Sign In link and replace it with regular page?

Thanks!

8 hours ago, alxemerald said:

The problem is that [the sign in link] confuses people as I use another platform [Teachable] to host courses (videos), and it has a separate Sign In link. So I get calls from people saying that they have a problem with Sign In and can't get access to videos.

Thank you for the additional context. This is also an issue on Squarespace sites using the built in Member Areas product because users need one sign-in option to manage their account/subscription and another link to sign in to the Member Area - in exactly the same way that you need a second sign-in link for Teachable.

image.thumb.png.7780e64132cfb6a737e1a9a3d6223583.png

I recommend that you hide the built in 'SIGN IN' link with some CSS (see below) but then replace it with a navigation folder with the same name and in the same position. You can then manually add links within this folder for the account sign in (/account/login) and the external link to Teachable. In this way, users will have a familiar user experience that provides clearly labelled sign-in options.

The CSS to hide the default link is as follows (add to Design > Custom CSS😞

.user-account-link {
  display: none!important;
}

Let me know how you get on.

Did this post help? Please give feedback by clicking an icon below  ⬇️

Me: I'm Paul, a SQSP user for >18 yrs & Circle Leader since 2017. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: Founder of SF.DIGITAL. We provide high quality original extensions to supercharge your Squarespace website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to my own SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is completely free. You can thank me by selecting a feedback emoji. Buying a coffee is generous but optional.

Would you like your customers to be able to mark their favourite products in your Squarespace store?

• 3 months later...
On 5/17/2022 at 1:59 AM, paul2009 said:

When you Customer Accounts are enabled the SIGN IN link is required so that customers can sign in to their account and edit their payment information.

If you would prefer not to use Customer Accounts you can disable them in Commerce > Customer Accounts:

image.png.cdb971ece379ad9d4634ad8981c2b548.png

You can't disable it while you have a subscription. 

Edited by andreaball
On 8/20/2022 at 5:52 AM, andreaball said:

You can't disable [Customer Accounts] while you have a subscription. 

Correct. Customers need to be able to access their account to manage their subscription. You cannot disable accounts but, on Squarespace 7.1, you can hide the Login link in the header settings. 

Edited by paul2009

48 minutes ago, andreaball said:

What is the feature for?

See How customers use customer accounts.

• 3 weeks later...

Just found the instructions and it works:

To hide the Login / Account link:

1. Click Edit in the top-left corner of your site preview.
  2. Hover over the header and click Edit site header.
  3. Click Elements, then switch the Account login toggle on.
  4. Click anywhere outside the editor, then hover over Done and click Save.

To add the link elsewhere on your site, you can manually add a login link.

This disables the login in the main nav of your site header, not the account feature.