Single Image in Grid Gallery - Bedford

Hello I'm really attempting to use a lightbox for gallery set of images. I understand that I can apparently only use a grid gallery to have the images come up in a lightbox when clicked(otherwise I'd love to use a slideshow gallery with no thumbnails).  I'm trying to not have too many images on the page so what I'd really like is to only have 1 image to where when it's clicked it goes to the lightbox where you can scroll through this set of images. I'm not having much luck figuring out if there's a way for me to have a single display.

I see there is a settings for rows in the settings for the gallery, is there a custom css I could use to limit to only 1 column as well? That way visitors can just click on one image and it'll open up a lightboxed gallery. 

Thanks for any help anyone can offer!

• Replies 3
  • Views 611
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Link the image that's in a grid to a page with a sildeshow image block. If the page is in an index, it is not going to be on the nave bar, if it is a standalone page you can put it in the unlinked section of your website and it will be off the navbar then too. I have a sildeshow on a page, that has a thumbnail in a grid, can't see the page until you click the thumbnail, isn't on the nav. I have some in the unlinked section as well. I swap them in and out of my grid. 

Here is my site, https://www.myrandomviews.com/ if you click  pictures, the first thumbnail in my gallery grid is Brookies tea. It is a slideshow, the rest are stacked galleries unless you go to that gallery pages address directly and then it too is a slideshow. Look at the thumbnail mountains, click on it and then look at this page https://www.myrandomviews.com/mountains I can put that slideshow on my site behind a url click thru image if I wanted to as well. I have linked galleries that way in a blog post. I can't do a slide show of the pictures in the grid, well because they are thumbnails, previews of galleries but I can still do a lot with my site. 

Hope this helps you out. FYI The Wexley template does what you want by default, grid to slide show of all the pictures in the grid, Like this site. https://christinegregoryphotography.com/

9 minutes ago, betweenthesheetsnj said:

Awesome thanks for that!

I also just realized (and hopefully this might help someone else as well) that I can just create a summary block with carousel layout and change the settings to only 1 image at a time as well.

Much appreciated to the help!

Yea, that too, I can do that with my blog summary page, but I have it set up as a wall to match my picture wall. 

Archived