How can I hide the date on blog posts?

Go to solution Solved by Guest,

<style>
   .post-meta { visibility: hidden }
</style>

Edited by silvabokis

I'm Colin Irwin aka silvabokis.  I've been a Squarespace designer & developer since 2013. 
I remember when it was all wild prairies round these here parts. 🐃🤠
Advice I give on here is free, though I may sometimes post an affiliate link or promote something I've written.
That reminds me.. ..you might want to check out my
Squarespace template finder or have a look at my other Squarespace tips
Speaking of tips, 💲I've got a tip jar that you're welcome to throw a few quid into if you think I've helped you. 
If you're looking for a Squarespace developer 
Book a chat or Drop me a line - first meeting is always free  

Always be sure to remove any code you add that does not work.

To add this snippet of custom CSS to your site, just click the CSS button inside the Style Editor and paste the code below:

.display-icons-in-post-footer .entry-date {
 display: none;
}

That should do the trick.

To hide the date only in one specific blog, preface this code with the unique collection id class found on the BODY tag. In your case, this class is collection-51bbee6be4b0405092e5f752 – so the snippet would look like this:

[code].collection-51bbee6be4b0405092e5f752.display-icons-in-post-footer .entry-date {  display: none;}
Edited by esquareda

I'm wondering the same thing - would love to have the dates show on my main blog - but the section{s} that I'm running as a directory - I want to have the dates hidden. Right now I have the dates hidden on all pages which isn't my ideal choice.

• 6 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • Solution

If you use right-click and inspect the element (the date on the blog post) it will reveal a class. In my template it is the following:

<time class="published" datetime="2015-02-13" id="yui_3_17_2_2_1423862213264_2970">February 13, 2015</time>

The class of the date element is published. I can then open up the Custom CSS Editor and enter the CSS below and quickly get rid of the date. As you can see the class is referred to with a dot “.”

.published { display: none }

Edited by rlr297
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...
On 6/17/2013 at 9:05 PM, eanderson said:

Always be sure to remove any code you add that does not work.

To add this snippet of custom CSS to your site, just click the CSS button inside the Style Editor and paste the code below:

.display-icons-in-post-footer .entry-date {
 display: none;
}

That should do the trick.

To hide the date only in one specific blog, preface this code with the unique collection id class found on the BODY tag. In your case, this class is collection-51bbee6be4b0405092e5f752 – so the snippet would look like this:

[code].collection-51bbee6be4b0405092e5f752.display-icons-in-post-footer .entry-date {  display: none;}

Hi. I am trying to do exactly the same thing with a site I am creating. Where do I find the collection id class for my blog. The site is https://heseltinegallery.squarespace.com (pw: michael) and the blog page I want the dates not to show on is Meet the Committee. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you. Lynne

• 2 years later...
35 minutes ago, Yenna said:

Hi, I have the same problem and no idea how to solve it 😞 I tried the codes mentioned above but none of them seem to be doing the magic 😞

Your site is v7.1. The posts in this thread are pretty old and most predate v7.1 so the CSS selectors won't work.

You probably don't need CSS for this task. Edit the blog page section and change the format settings as desired.

878597359_ScreenShot2022-04-18at3_22_42PM.thumb.png.796c994adfbbb1a9168b5a6e2cbbbb31.png

Let us know how it goes.

Find my contributions useful? Please like, upvote, mark my answer as the best ( solution ), and see my profile. Thanks for your support! I am a Squarespace ( and other technological things ) consultant open for new projects.