Disabling Portfolio Project Pages in Squarespace Version 7.1

• 2 weeks later...

I'm here to vent my frustration about this limitation, which seems to be going on since 2020. It's embarrassing that a tool initially created to help designers can't support draft mode for portfolio pages that are, guess what, pages.

• 4 weeks later...

I cannot believe that this issue has been present for almost 4 years with no solve. I cannot understand how a company like Squarespace can enable users to create drafts and publish pages in the BLOG section, however in the PORTFOLIO section (which pages take much longer to create) there is no feature to hide / show a page within the section. @Squarespace_Dev Can you take a day and fix this? If you need help with code, just ask GPT-4.

• 1 month later...
13 hours ago, codeandtonic said:

Unfortunately Chris's solution did not work for me, it also hid my e-commerce products.

Hey there, I replied to you on your YouTube video but also wanted to follow up here. You need to install the code in the portfolio page’s header code injection, not the site wide header code injection.

I also outline several reasons JavaScript is needed to truly solve this issue in my blog post.

Please consider taking down the video as it has the potential to confuse people and incorrectly claims that my code does not work. Again no hard feelings and it is great we are all trying to help out until Squarespace finally implements this for real.

7 hours ago, Chris.SE said:

Hey there, I replied to you on your YouTube video but also wanted to follow up here. You need to install the code in the portfolio page’s header code injection, not the site wide header code injection.

I also outline several reasons JavaScript is needed to truly solve this issue in my blog post.

Please consider taking down the video as it has the potential to confuse people and incorrectly claims that my code does not work. Again no hard feelings and it is great we are all trying to help out until Squarespace finally implements this for real.

hey man, makes total sense. Was in a hurry and just popped it to my Amazon S3 external script. I took out the info as you're correct with everything

Freelance Squarespace developer making plugins like Full-Width Blocks, Hover effects for grid gallery and the Darkmode plugin. I know Squarespace inside out and I'm able to solve pretty much any Squarespace code problem.

Get in touch here!