E-Commerce Template

• Replies 6
  • Views 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From your point of view @joelgrayphotography, what is missing? I’m interested to know if any of your issues can be solved.

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

Hi Paul,

What's missing? I work with one specific client that I have built something on a different platform. They have over 2500 existing clients. Not including organic traffic.

Tell me how with squarespace - an existing client can have a login that then immediately brings up their company and shipping details including previous purchases and payment methods that may have been saved in the backend?

Plus, SS simple template layouts are designed for very small inventories. a few clothes or photos... im talking about a real ecommerce store with thousands of products.

Customers with no time, who you are trying to encourage to use your website - instead of calling you - need to be able to login and make fast purchases. 

There are many online shop platforms prestashop, opencart just name two.  These allow thousands of products to be uploaded and updated with ease.

I love the email newsletter feature with SS. Now they need to build some real online store templates. If you need more examples of what I am talking about let me know.

Take a note out of Shopify's book.

Learn how they have developed a hosted 'ecommerce' platform for their customers  that would be close to the equivalent to what squarespace has done for providing clean, attractive mobile friendly 'websites' to their customers.

They are probably one of the largest hosted platforms online that market themselves very well.

I dont like some of the things that Shopify does. Squarespace could pick up the slack and really grow their business to the next level - if they really wanted to. 

It's so much easier to get more sales from existing customers / developers than to go marketing for new ones - that's old news. The ability to create decent ecommerce websites that are SEO friendly will be a major drawcard for SS.

If SS did provide even half a dozen templates for a real online store and made the backend user friendly, fast and easy to use - that could really be a win win for everyone.

6 hours ago, joelgrayphotography said:

Take a note out of Shopify's book.

@joelgrayphotography I’m not sure who you’re directing your follow-up comments at, but please note that I don’t work for Squarespace. I’m an independent developer who builds solutions for Squarespace. 

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

I agree with all these posts. I was looking to move my current ecommerce site to SS. The first thing I noticed was the limited template options. I was shocked tbh as I thought SS would be all over the ecommerce market. I have enjoyed using SS on sites that are not ecommerce related so SS was my natural first point of call, but seems like I will need to keep looking...

Archived