Footer links to index pages: neither slash nor hashtag works

https://www.mela.co.nz/

Thanks for looking! — this is my first Squarespace site.

On this site I created a footer link, "We Give a Damn" that goes to a page inside an Index (under Secondary Navigation).

At first I used the inbuilt link browser to allocate the slug to that page, "/giving-a-damn" was the slug.

But when linked to, that page did not display normally -- the banner background was cropped, and it displayed as a single page rather than scrolling in context with the other pages under that Index.

So I dug deep into Squarespace help and found another way to link to a page using a hashtag instead of a slash, "#giving-a-damn" is my current slug.

The only problem with this is it will only work from the footer under that Index. It doesn't link from the footers of other pages or Indexes in the site.

I'm happy to show the back end of this with you if you give me an email address to allow permission.

• Replies 1
  • Views 919
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Have you tried disabling Ajax and setting the link to be /#giving-a-damn ?

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

Archived