Social links button on Navigation

• Replies 14
  • Views 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've added social links to the nav in the York family templates, so that same method may work for Wexley as well. It requires a bit of a workaround, but it's possible if you are on a Business plan or better.

Step 1: Copy and paste the stylesheet code below into Settings > Advanced > Code Injection into the HEADER box. (You can check the fontawesome.com website to be sure this is the most recent CDN code to serve up the icons.)

<link rel="stylesheet" href="https://use.fontawesome.com/releases/v5.7.2/css/all.css" integrity="sha384-fnmOCqbTlWIlj8LyTjo7mOUStjsKC4pOpQbqyi7RrhN7udi9RwhKkMHpvLbHG9Sr" crossorigin="anonymous">

Step 2: In Pages, click the + beside the navigation area you want to use (we used Secondary Navigation in the example above) and under Create New Page choose Link.
For Link Title add the Font Awesome code for the icon from their site. For example, instagram is 

<i class="fab fa-instagram"></i>

And for Link you’ll just paste in your social media url and remember to click “Open in New Window,” as it’s best practice to open a new window when linking to another website.

More details with a video on this post.

christyprice.com  🇺🇸 Austin, TX US 

Get my 100+ item Client Process Checklist for $17.
📔 Flourish Journal for Creative Entrepreneurs - 365 days of prompts
🎥 Watch Circle Live: Hello Income (feat. Christy Price and Jeremy Schwartz)
🎬 Watch It's Not Hard to Say Goodbye: Crafting Client Offboarding from Circle Day 2023

Glad it worked! I’m not sure about the spacing, maybe someone else will chime in on that!

christyprice.com  🇺🇸 Austin, TX US 

Get my 100+ item Client Process Checklist for $17.
📔 Flourish Journal for Creative Entrepreneurs - 365 days of prompts
🎥 Watch Circle Live: Hello Income (feat. Christy Price and Jeremy Schwartz)
🎬 Watch It's Not Hard to Say Goodbye: Crafting Client Offboarding from Circle Day 2023

Hey @tuanphan, thanks for the reply,

I found a way but it really is not the proper way, I simply created 15 dozen empty pages to push them away haha

If you have a proper code that would make it, Id love that. 

Also I had an optional question, how is it possible to make a hover effect on a whole gallery block ?  But I might post this question in a different topic. 

Thanks !

Screenshot_1.png

@Satori2046 Remove empty nav items, then add to Home > Design > Custom CSS

@media screen and (min-width:991px) {
.site-alignment-left.header-navigation-normal #topNav {
    width: 75%;
}
#topNav nav {
    width: 100%;
}
#topNav nav li:nth-child(5), #topNav nav li:nth-child(6), #topNav nav li:nth-child(7), #topNav nav li:nth-child(8) {
    float: right !important;
}
}

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours. 
Or send to forum message

Contact Customer Care - Learn CSS - Buy me a coffee (thank you!)

20 hours ago, christyprice said:

I've added social links to the nav in the York family templates, so that same method may work for Wexley as well. It requires a bit of a workaround, but it's possible if you are on a Business plan or better.

Step 1: Copy and paste the stylesheet code below into Settings > Advanced > Code Injection into the HEADER box. (You can check the fontawesome.com website to be sure this is the most recent CDN code to serve up the icons.)

<link rel="stylesheet" href="https://use.fontawesome.com/releases/v5.7.2/css/all.css" integrity="sha384-fnmOCqbTlWIlj8LyTjo7mOUStjsKC4pOpQbqyi7RrhN7udi9RwhKkMHpvLbHG9Sr" crossorigin="anonymous">

Step 2: In Pages, click the + beside the navigation area you want to use (we used Secondary Navigation in the example above) and under Create New Page choose Link.
For Link Title add the Font Awesome code for the icon from their site. For example, instagram is 

<i class="fab fa-instagram"></i>

And for Link you’ll just paste in your social media url and remember to click “Open in New Window,” as it’s best practice to open a new window when linking to another website.

More details with a video on this post.

Thank you! This tip helped me to add a site search to my header!

Screen Shot 2019-10-23 at 2.55.24 PM.png

Archived