cannot add template to current website

Dear all,

I've received a pro-tip from Paul (@Paul2009 ) that for some features I'm looking at I should have a look at two templates (link to original question).

When I'm viewing such a template demo (at link:flatiron-demo ) it gives me the option to create a website from this template. But rather that it adds the template to my current site it installs as new site with two weeks trial period.

How can I achieve that the template is added to my current website? Unfortunately I cannot find the flatiron or avenue template in the list of possible templates within my current website.

any ideas on that? thank you in advance! christian

• Replies 4
  • Views 771
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Choose 'Photography' as the category in the left sidebar, and you should see them.

About me: I'm Paul. A SQSP User for 18 yrs, I joined Circle when it launched in 2016 and have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: Founder of SF.DIGITAL, providing expertise and extensions to supercharge your Squarespace website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to my own SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee fuels my work.

Book paid help with a Squarespace Domain

unfortunately in "photography" there are two templates recommended: rally and miller. in the section "other templates" there is marta and greenwich. nothing more.

but... if I switch the language on the template-site (in the left bottom corner) from German to English, I am able to see it.

why are they not available while the language is set to German?

Well spotted. This is because only templates in the Brine-family have been built to work in languages other than English. If you need a German-language site, this will be a limitation for you. Avenue and Flatiron are much older and are not as flexible as the newer Brine templates.

About me: I'm Paul. A SQSP User for 18 yrs, I joined Circle when it launched in 2016 and have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: Founder of SF.DIGITAL, providing expertise and extensions to supercharge your Squarespace website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to my own SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee fuels my work.

Book paid help with a Squarespace Domain

Archived